News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

quick question about where the type in the banner is kept

Started by gaswigg, August 11, 2022, 04:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaswigg

I need to know where this type is coded I would like to edit it. Any help would be great and much thanksYou cannot view this attachment.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: gaswigg on August 11, 2022, 04:13:14 PMI need to know where this type is coded I would like to edit it. Any help would be great and much thanks

I think that the relevant code for that part can be found in the index.template.php file.

gaswigg

Thanks Doug but I have looked all thru the index template file and I can't find any of the type. I am looking for the words Hey and You have so I can make that top line shorter

Kindred

Those words are called from the language files, so you won't find those specific words in the template
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gaswigg

Ok so what I want to do is remove the word Hey, and change the words you have to has any idea as to how to do this I am not a coder and know nothing about PHP. So how can I go about doing that TIA

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: gaswigg on August 12, 2022, 12:23:00 PMOk so what I want to do is remove the word Hey, and change the words you have to has any idea as to how to do this I am not a coder and know nothing about PHP. So how can I go about doing that TIA

You will have to change the language files for that, as mentioned above. If I recall it correctly, the language strings for that are are defined at the index.english.php file inside the/Themes/default/languages/ folder.

Hope it helps.

Antechinus

Quote from: gaswigg on August 12, 2022, 12:23:00 PMOk so what I want to do is remove the word Hey, and change the words you have to has any idea as to how to do this I am not a coder and know nothing about PHP. So how can I go about doing that TIA
Admin contains a language editor, so you can change text strings without having to directly edit PHP files.

Administration Centre > Languages Edit > Languages
Then click the edit button for the language you want to edit.
Under "Edit Language Entries", select an option from the dropdown (labelled "Select entries to edit:")
Find the string you want to edit, and change it to whatever you like.
Save.

gaswigg

Advertisement: