Starflight

Started by shawnb61, August 23, 2022, 12:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

Link to the theme

See readme.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

TwitchisMental

Steve

Indeed!

Although not my kind of style as is, it looks awesome with the Dark Reader add-on enabled in Firefox and Chrome!
DO NOT pm me for support!

Doug Heffernan

Definitely great work. Well done :)

Antechinus

Interesting coding exercise. Might take a look inside it. :)

shawnb61

Updated.  Enhanced the flight physics. 

(Improved scaling of star size & speed at various resolutions!)
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Steve

Any idea why this shows as a light theme on my forum? (Does it in Firefox and Chrome)

You cannot view this attachment.

Edit: shows correctly in Edge.

shawnb61

Quote from: Steve on August 24, 2022, 09:36:33 AMAny idea why this shows as a light theme on my forum? (Does it in Firefox and Chrome)

That's bug.

To fix, go to Admin | Configuration | Current Theme.  Click on the "Reset all to default" link (at the top of the color selectors) & press SAVE.

You only need to do this once.

I have seen this a couple times.  Going from an existing CC theme to a newly installed Starflight, it sometimes retains the old CC colors.  I'm looking into that. 

Steve

I'm sorry Shawn, I'm just not seeing the option you're talking about, or an color selectors for that matter.

Sir Osis of Liver

Nor I.  Today's package in FF102.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

TwitchisMental

Did y'all read the read me :P?

Y'all will need to install this mod for it to function properly - https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4231

I am just guessing that this is the reason, if you do have this installed already, ignore me :).

shawnb61

This is a bug, I can reproduce it.

The link I referred to is here... Click on this & press SAVE:

Steve

Awesome! Installing the mod and following your instructions corrected the situation. :D

@TwitchisMental - of course I didn't read the read me file ... men don't read instructions ...  :laugh:

shawnb61

New version uploaded that should take care of the default color issue.

Steve

Thanks shawn.  :)

shawnb61

I think it would be fairly straightforward to add this background animation to other themes, e.g., if you already have a highly customized theme for your forum.

3 steps:
 - Add the canvas & canvas-wrapper div to your template, below the body, just like in this theme.  (Don't forget the closing div.)
 - Copy over the canvas & canvas-wrapper css.  Note that adding the canvas initially disrupted some of the stylings applied to the body, since it changed some sibling & parent-child relationships between elements; this was fixed in this theme by adding the canvas-wrapper and moving those stylings there from the body element in the css.  If your existing theme has a lot of references to the body element, bear this in mind.
 - Copy over the animation code from this theme.js into your theme.js.  Any chunk of code where you see "animation" in the comments.  Same location/sequence.

Enjoy!

shawnb61

I recently learned that Drake shares my thoughts on using the browser default foreground/background colors for checkboxes & radio buttons...  Ideally, they match the theme.

shawnb61

v1.7 uploaded - Color enhancements; more user control & fix some contrast issues

W2NAP

Question, on responsive side of things using a test phone old iphone6 with safari and ff the post text is unreadable (its really dark) but on desktop the same text is white, is there a way to make the post text white across the platforms?

Diego Andrés

Which text, could you attach a screenshot?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: