PHP version upgrade issue crashes forum

Started by Topman, August 23, 2022, 11:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topman

My host IONOS will start charging for "support" for the existing version of php which is 7.4.
To avoid this, I upgraded the php to 8.1 and then tried 8.0 - both of which then displayed the message below when the forum url was tried

QuoteFatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/forum.brand-newhomes.co.uk/Sources/Subs.php on line 3981

I have SMF version 2.0.15.

I note others have had issues upgrading to 2.1 as I did when I last upgraded a few years ago to 2.0 so I hope I can avoid this.

Any ideas or hacks I could use to solve this please?

d3vcho

Hi Topman,

Please, refer to Requirements and recommendations to see a table containing the available SMF versions and the PHP versions supported by each one.

I would also suggest to consider upgrading to SMF 2.1.2
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Kindred

Specifically, 2.0.15 does not support php8 at all.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Not to mention 2.0.15 is 4 versions with important security fixes behind without upgrading to 2.1.2 ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: