[Experiment] Curve2 and Prosilver fusion

Started by TwitchisMental, August 25, 2022, 12:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

So a little backstory, I was watching some DragonBall Z content the other night about fusions. I then had a random thought of what if the default SMF theme and the default PHPBB theme had a baby.

Some may call me crazy... some may call me silly... but I had to find out...

Board Index -

You cannot view this attachment.

Message Index -

Post Area -

Dzonny

phpbb default theme still looks like that? Wow
Nice work man!

webtiryaki

iqbalresources

Antechinus

Yep, that looks like Prosilver and Curve2 have been fornicating behind the shed. Yee haw!. :D

AllanD

Looks great, even the postbit on the right side like PHPBB.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Antechinus on August 25, 2022, 05:29:59 PMYep, that looks like Prosilver and Curve2 have been fornicating behind the shed. Yee haw!. :D
Haha yes XD.

Quote from: AllanD on August 25, 2022, 08:01:51 PMLooks great, even the postbit on the right side like PHPBB.
Thank you

Quote from: iqbalresources on August 25, 2022, 05:46:36 AMlooks interesting!  ;)

Thank you

Quote from: Dzonny on August 25, 2022, 02:20:45 AMphpbb default theme still looks like that? Wow
Nice work man!

Haha yep.. Atleast its responsive though. MyBB's default theme still isn't responsive after all these years lol.

Quote from: webtiryaki on August 25, 2022, 05:39:10 AMThat looks great
Thank you

Antechinus

Quote from: Dzonny on August 25, 2022, 02:20:45 AMphpbb default theme still looks like that?
You should see the templating and CSS for it. The term "pig's breakfast" springs to mind, and that's being exceedingly polite. I would much rather theme SMF than phpBB, given a choice.

Oh, and their update process for "stable" versions is still a nuisance. It's like upgrading RC's for SMF, but if anything a bit more tedious. :P

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Antechinus on August 26, 2022, 06:44:56 PM
Quote from: Dzonny on August 25, 2022, 02:20:45 AMphpbb default theme still looks like that?
You should see the templating and CSS for it. The term "pig's breakfast" springs to mind, and that's being exceedingly polite. I would much rather theme SMF than phpBB, given a choice.

Oh, and their update process for "stable" versions is still a nuisance. It's like upgrading RC's for SMF, but if anything a bit more tedious. :P
Truth!!! 

TwitchisMental

Been tinkering with this a bit more.

Board Index

DropMenu

Message Index

Post Area

Antechinus

I have to ask: why? IMO Prosilver in default form is as ugly as a sack full of arseholes. Prosilver Special Edition (a dev team product, that is used as the theme for the phpBB site) is significantly better.

Here's a challenge: given that SMF 2.1 markup and CSS is, shall we say, not exactly optimal, and given that phpBB's is (putting it politely) somewhat less optimal, if you are going to fuse the two properly you should attempt to make the markup and CSS utterly horrendous. :D

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Antechinus on September 05, 2022, 04:55:31 PMI have to ask: why?
If I am being completely honest, just for the fun of it.  Want a fake reason? Someone already did it with IPB and SMF haha.

Why the default PHPBB theme over the SE... meh I figured I'd being using SMF colors and the PHPBB layout for the most part.

Quote from: Antechinus on September 05, 2022, 04:55:31 PMHere's a challenge: given that SMF 2.1 markup and CSS is, shall we say, not exactly optimal, and given that phpBB's is (putting it politely) somewhat less optimal, if you are going to fuse the two properly you should attempt to make the markup and CSS utterly horrendous. :D

I am sure by the time I am done, it will meet these qualifications XD.

Advertisement: