News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

converting from IPB 4.7?

Started by nwalker, October 17, 2022, 04:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwalker

Hi,
I'm currently running a forum on ipb 4.7.3.
Before trying to do something which cannot be done, I would like to know if it's actually possible with actual converters. So, does anyone knows if it's possible?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: nwalker on October 17, 2022, 04:34:23 AMHi,
I'm currently running a forum on ipb 4.7.3.
Before trying to do something which cannot be done, I would like to know if it's actually possible with actual converters. So, does anyone knows if it's possible?

I don't think that we have a specific Ipb 4.7. converter, but you can give the Ipb 4.4. converter a try.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=569440.0

Illori

As long as you have a backup you can go back if it does not convert correctly. Also the converter does not change your existing data.

nwalker

Ok, so I gave it a try, all sections and users are created, I have the post and subject count but no posts, no subjects.
The converter say all is ok.
On another matter, I tried to find the conversion log but was unable to find it. Maybe I should use the debug flag suggested in convert.php? If so, how should I set it? I'm a unix admin, while I understand what I read in php I'm far from figuring by myself how to modify it;p

nwalker

Hi again
I finally managed to run the stuff with debug, I attached the log file.
Forum is at https://www.offshore-rc.com/index.php [nofollow]
As you may see, I have a post count on each forum, but no posts or threads.
Before running the converter I downgraded PHP version to 7.4.
Does anyone have a clue, about all the missing messages?You cannot view this attachment.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: nwalker on November 15, 2022, 04:38:20 AMHi again
I finally managed to run the stuff with debug, I attached the log file.
Forum is at https://www.offshore-rc.com/index.php
As you may see, I have a post count on each forum, but no posts or threads.
Before running the converter I downgraded PHP version to 7.4.
Does anyone have a clue, about all the missing messages?You cannot view this attachment.

Hello,

Did you run the Recount all forum totals and statistics tool from the Maintenance section of your Admin Panel?

nwalker

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on November 17, 2022, 02:58:37 PMHello,

Did you run the Recount all forum totals and statistics tool from the Maintenance section of your Admin Panel?
Oh! that was so simple! Thank you very much!  8)
edit: many messages are here, but some are missing, and private messages are lost too. Where should I look for some clues?
I tried "search and correct errors" under maintenance, some sections popped up, then I ran again  Recount all forum totals and statistics, but nothing popped up after it.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: nwalker on November 18, 2022, 01:51:06 AMOh! that was so simple! Thank you very much!  8)

You are welcome. :)

Quote from: nwalker on November 18, 2022, 01:51:06 AMbut some are missing, and private messages are lost too. Where should I look for some clues?
I tried "search and correct errors" under maintenance, some sections popped up, then I ran again  Recount all forum totals and statistics, but nothing popped up after it.

Did you press the Yes button regarding the fixing of errors?

nwalker

Yes, I pressed the yes button. Now there is no more errors when I check again, but messages are gone.
(I can redo the whole migration as often as I wish, as I only "play" until it's good enough to switch my community to smf)
I saw too that attachments links are wrong, they are displaying as:
/monthly_2019_11/F71E675F-244D-4910-9F85-31B418E9EF68.jpeg.6351b5e9ce5367e487b64aa7d963d9e6.jpeg\" data-fileid=\"162640\" data-fileext=\"jpeg\" rel=\"\">
with a link on:
https://www.offshore-rc.com/%22%3CfileStore.core_Attachment [nofollow]
There is some readings about this around here and on google, I'm having a look.

nwalker

Well, I'm totally stuck on this migration. I ran again the conversion, same issues (but that was expected!).
Should I try to increase time out?

Advertisement: