News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Christmas

Started by TwitchisMental, October 21, 2022, 06:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

Link to the theme

Christmas Theme
A Christmas Theme for SMF 2.1

This is a simple responsive Christmas Theme that only makes CSS changes.

Credits :
Shout out to Antechinus for the Alternative Admin CP Layout that is used in this theme.
Tutorial found here - https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=582354.

License:

SMF Version:

Patch Notes:
1.0 : Initial Release
1.0.1 :
Bug Fix : Fixed an issue where the breadcrumb arrows were not always the same size.
Bug Fix : Fixed a script error related to missing scripts folder.

1.0.2 :
Update: Updated for SMF 2.1.3
Bug Fix : Fixed a bug with the collapse not displaying properly for attachments.

Updated for SMF 2.1.4 and the Attachment UI changes.
Adjustment: Adjusted the background colors for various moderation specific styles.
Adjustment: Adjusted the breadcrumb to display properly on both Chrome and Firefox.

Steve

Cool beans and thanks as always Twitch.  :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Steve

On the main page, why in some boards is there no link to the last post? e.g.

You cannot view this attachment.

The second and fifth have a link but the others don't.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on October 22, 2022, 06:27:55 AMOn the main page, why in some boards is there no link to the last post? e.g.

You cannot view this attachment.

The second and fifth have a link but the others don't.
Ha looks like I left something I was testing in there.

My bad.

Go to line 478 and remove this -

.lastpost > p > span.postby a:first-child {
  display: none;
}

I will upload the fixed package aswell.

Steve

Steve

Been testing this for a few days now and haven't found any other problems. Nice job Twitch!  ;D

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on October 23, 2022, 03:25:38 PMBeen testing this for a few days now and haven't found any other problems. Nice job Twitch!  ;D
Good to hear :).

Dave J

Thank you Twitch...I knew you could do it ;)

Now just Happy New Year & Valentines :)
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Dave J

I have just installed this on my test site and I get this error.. I have removed the beginning of the error

Quotetesting/Themes/Christmas/scripts/minified_5b876b9899ffbb9f7114a9e99893f0e9.js" could not be created. Please make sure the parent directory has the appropriate permissions.

It hasn't created a 'scripts' directory and there isn't one in the package I downloaded.

I have now created the directory and the error has gone.

Any ideas Twitch?

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Dave J on October 30, 2022, 04:53:23 AMI have just installed this on my test site and I get this error.. I have removed the beginning of the error

Quotetesting/Themes/Christmas/scripts/minified_5b876b9899ffbb9f7114a9e99893f0e9.js" could not be created. Please make sure the parent directory has the appropriate permissions.

It hasn't created a 'scripts' directory and there isn't one in the package I downloaded.

I have now created the directory and the error has gone.

Any ideas Twitch?

Humm seems that it is trying to create a minified version of what I assume to be the theme.js. This one does not have one as I was told it is not needed if unmodified.

@Diego Andrés maybe this is why a new theme package still creates the theme.js perhaps?

Shades.

Quote from: TwitchisMental on October 30, 2022, 12:54:08 PM@Diego Andrés maybe this is why a new theme package still creates the theme.js perhaps?
I was having the same problem with my themes but once I started including the empty "scripts" folder in my theme packages the errors went away.
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Diego Andrés

Oh yea you do need at least the folder because it expects it  :P

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Shades. on October 30, 2022, 02:38:27 PMI started including the empty "scripts" folder in my theme packages the errors went away.

To avoid any confusion, I added the folders bit as a note on all the relevant topics related to theme guidelines and such  :)

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

TwitchisMental

New Version uploaded.

TwitchisMental

New Version Uploaded -

1.0.1:
Bug Fix : Fixed an issue where the breadcrumb arrows were not always the same size.
Bug Fix : Fixed a script error related to missing scripts folder.

Steve

Don't know how I missed this yesterday but thanks Twitch!

And it looks so cool with Dark Reader for those of you who prefer a darker theme (the breadcrumbs will look a little odd but nothing major).

TwitchisMental

New Version Uploaded :

1.0.2 :
Update: Updated for SMF 2.1.3
Bug Fix : Fixed a bug with the collapse not displaying properly for attachments.

Steve

Thanks for the update, Twitch.  :)

searchgr

How can i change the left and right borders not to be so wide?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: searchgr on December 22, 2022, 03:37:09 PMHow can i change the left and right borders not to be so wide?

Do you mean the left and right borders on the wrapper/container?

If so you would just go to the index.css

Find
#wrapper {
  clear: both;
  background: var(--white);
  border: 1px solid var(--border_color);
  border-top: none;
}

Replace with

#wrapper {
  clear: both;
  background: var(--white);