News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

automatic saving of drafts

Started by peter_mein, December 05, 2022, 04:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter_mein

Hello
Normal user don´t automatic saving of drafts
Administrator all drafts saved.
Set for drafts in Regular Members modify and
in forum profile/look and layout/Enable automatic saving of drafts
Time to save is set to 30sec.
No change automatic save of drafts for regular members

Kindred

Setting the default will not reset existing users
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

peter_mein

What do you mean
since the update, the draft is no longer saved automatically. it is only automatically saved for the admin and not for normal members. Have I overlooked a setting somewhere that is in the new version?

Steve

Admin -> Post and Topics -> Drafts Tab ... you've verified the correct settings for automatic saving there?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Julius_2000

I can verify this behavior. Both drafts and the auto save option in Look & Layout are enabled. It only works as an admin. Tested on both PC and android.
Post moderation is disabled.

Steve

And drafts are allowed in Admin -> Permissions for each membergroup?

Julius_2000

Yes, they are. For all regular members.

I just disabled and re-enabled drafts as admin. Nothing happens as a regular member. I even enabled it for an individual membergroup, still nothing.

Steve

Url to forum? (or PM it if you don't want to publicly post it)

Julius_2000

Sent you a PM, thanks!

Btw, you can toggle back to the original SMF Default theme in the menu (theme button in default, eye symbol in custom)

peter_mein

everything set correctly. the error remains.
I also tried it in a test forum where everything was reinstalled without mods
The same problem.

Julius_2000

Even on this orum related to drafts:

Even though I can save a draft, at least it tells me that I have saved it, it won't get saved somehow. Looking into "My drafts", there's nothing there.
You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment.

Steve

Hmmm ... I don't see anything with my limited skills ... hopefully @Kindred or @Doug Heffernan will have a look.

savo

Quote from: Steve on December 06, 2022, 07:23:43 AMAnd drafts are allowed in Admin -> Permissions for each membergroup?

I gave access to my forum users and now they have access to the Drafts button and can see draft messages in the Drafts folder.  Thanks for this.  Originally only my admin account had the Drafts options as well.

peter_mein

Yes but the drafts don´t save automatically.
That is the error.

savo

Quote from: peter_mein on December 06, 2022, 03:16:56 PMYes but the drafts don´t save automatically.
That is the error.

I confirm that it doesn't automatically save either for me.  I have set it at 30 seconds also.

Illori

You need to set the option in your profile look and layout section. Or force the options to change for all your users.

Julius_2000

Quote from: Illori on December 06, 2022, 04:07:33 PMYou need to set the option in your profile look and layout section. Or force the options to change for all your users.
Yes, we know that.

Quote from: Steve on December 06, 2022, 07:23:43 AMAnd drafts are allowed in Admin -> Permissions for each membergroup?
Quote from: Julius_2000 on December 06, 2022, 07:27:08 AMYes, they are. For all regular members.

Quote from: Julius_2000 on December 06, 2022, 07:20:43 AMBoth drafts and the auto save option in Look & Layout are enabled.

Illori

@shawnb61 can you check this? it looks like it broke in 2.1.3 or there abouts.

i enabled the feature in my profile to auto save the drafts and it is not showing. i checked in my test forum and it is showing for admin.

peter_mein

Hello

There is now a solution for the problem ?

Advertisement: