News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Mod install error

Started by Dave J, December 07, 2022, 06:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave J

Sorry to waste your time but the issue I'm having is still happening but there is another topic here https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=584281.0 relating to it.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Dzonny

You're having the same problem as described there?
From which version are you trying to upgrade? Which php version?

Dave J

Quote from: Dzonny on December 07, 2022, 08:20:30 AMYou're having the same problem as described there?
From which version are you trying to upgrade? Which php version?

I'm going from 2.0.19 to 2.1.3.

I managed to get 2 mods installed, one of which was just a test and the other one I needed for the inline attachments to work, which thankfully they do and thanks to SOOL for his code snippet for adding .dat to the attachments file names, which didn't happen again during the upgrade.
The test mod will now not uninstall and gives the same error and the installation process, which is below Dzonny.

I have now tried multiple mods, all should install to 2.1.3 as they have on my other site, but they just wont and fail with the same error. Why it's happening I don't know.

I'm running PHP7.4 as that is what the 2.0.19 site was on, I might try now PHP8.0 and see if it helps.

Themes install OK

davejohnson.co.uk

array(14) { [0]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80)
"/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(589) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [1]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80)
"/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(493) ["function"]=> string(12) "smf_db_error" } [2]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(73)
"/*****/public_html/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(138) ["function"]=> string(12) "smf_db_query" } [3]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(73)
"/*****/public_html/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(301) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [4]=> array(1) { ["function"]=> string(17)
"smf_error_handler" } [5]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(1026) ["function"]=> string(22)
"mysqli_stmt_bind_param" } [6]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(73) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(129) ["function"]=> string(19)
"smf_db_error_insert" } [7]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(589) ["function"]=> string(9)
"log_error" } [8]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(493) ["function"]=> string(12)
"smf_db_error" } [9]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(75) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Packages.php" ["line"]=> int(928) ["function"]=> string(12)
"smf_db_query" } [10]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(71) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(6029) ["function"]=> string(14)
"PackageInstall" } [11]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(75) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Packages.php" ["line"]=> int(91) ["function"]=> string(11)
"call_helper" } [12]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(72) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Admin.php" ["line"]=> int(499) ["function"]=> string(8)
"Packages" } [13]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(64) "/*****/public_html/index.php" ["line"]=> int(191) ["function"]=> string(9)
"AdminMain" } } Error loop.array(5) { [0]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(589) ["function"]=> string(9)
"log_error" } [1]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(493) ["function"]=> string(12)
"smf_db_error" } [2]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(801) ["function"]=> string(12)
"smf_db_query" } [3]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(74) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Session.php" ["line"]=> int(187) ["function"]=> string(13)
"smf_db_insert" } [4]=> array(1) { ["function"]=> string(12) "sessionWrite" } } Error loop

UPDATE: I upgraded to PHP8.0 and now the error size has reduced to this

array(2) { [0]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(73) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(301) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [1]=> array(1) { ["function"]=> string(17) "smf_error_handler" } } Error loop.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Dave J

I have now stopped this error by upgrading to PHP8.0, if I downgrade again to 7.4 the error happens again, but as soon as I go back to 8.0 the mods install and uninstall OK.

I'm going to mark this as solved

Advertisement: