Donates for competent and helpful answers

Started by Symundo, January 12, 2023, 04:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symundo

Is there a way that for a competent and helpful answer a one time donation can be given using paypal?
How can I setup this?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you want users to be able to donate money to other users, you could perhaps setup a visible custom profile field for paypal.me -links or something https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/ or Buy Me A Coffee https://www.buymeacoffee.com/
Or both.

EDIT:
Something like this, that "Buy me a beer" icon there is actually a link to buymeacoffee.
And it's shown next to every post.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Symundo

Fine, sounds nice.

How can I add such a link to profiles of users?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You would need to set up a custom profile field, with something like this. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

Donation to the person answering, or to the forum itself? The latter is much easier.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: