Large upgrade. On which folders and files do I need to set the permission?

Started by User2, January 15, 2023, 09:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

User2

Hello.
I am doing a large upgrade from 2.0.19 to 2.1.3. I stopped at the "Set file and Directory access rights" step.
On which folders and files do I need to set the permission?
I unpacked the zip file, in the unpacked folder there are folders and files: attachments, avatars, etc., cron.php, index.php etc.
For these folders and files should I make the resolution 755, 644?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Participant on January 15, 2023, 09:25:02 AMI stopped at the "Set file and Directory access rights" step.

Where did you get that step?

Quote from: Participant on January 15, 2023, 09:25:02 AMI unpacked the zip file, in the unpacked folder there are folders and files: attachments, avatars, etc., cron.php, index.php etc.

Not sure I understand what you mean by this. You should overwrite your forum files with those of the large 2.1.3.upgrade package. For more info on how to upgrade your forum see this link:

Upgrading SMF

Kindred

files should be 644, directories should be 755

(maybe 664/775, depending on your server)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

User2

Kindred, you didn't understand the question, I didn't ask what the values should be, I asked which folders and files should have their values changed.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Participant on January 16, 2023, 02:30:30 AMI asked which folders and files should have their values changed.

If the upgrader doesn't ask to set permisisons, you can skip that step as it is not needed.

Advertisement: