News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Preview][SMF 2.1]New Year New Theme - Blue Wave

Started by TwitchisMental, January 16, 2023, 04:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

So I have been working on this theme off and on for awhile now. I still can't think of a name for it lol.  Took some inspiration from the Xenforo default theme and the Smf 2.1 Steyle by webtiryahi.

Still have quite a bit to go, I am wanting to spice up the footer section.

Board Index -

You cannot view this attachment.

Message Index -

Post Area -

lazo50

Steve

Beautiful theme.

And I suck at coming up with name suggestions.  :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

TwitchisMental

Thank y'all .

I swear the name part is the hardest part lol.

TwitchisMental

Small update -

Made the info center a bit smaller and working on the footer.

Steve

I really love the looks of this theme with one exception. I don't see the search box anywhere. I know there's a search function but not having the search box is a deal breaker for me.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on January 18, 2023, 07:27:20 PMI really love the looks of this theme with one exception. I don't see the search box anywhere. I know there's a search function but not having the search box is a deal breaker for me.
May wanna double check the top ;).

Steve

Oh crap! Sorry, but does that give you the options of 'Entire Forum', 'This Board', etc.?

Btw, my wife suggested 'Blue Wave' or something similar for a name. P

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on January 18, 2023, 07:32:50 PMOh crap! Sorry, but does that give you the options of 'Entire Forum', 'This Board', etc.?
From the top bar search itself no, by default it is just the entire forum. With that said though, you can adjust the search parameters after the initial search though.  I mainly did it this way for a cleaner look.

Steve

Okay, sounds good. And I edited my post to include my wife's suggestion for a name.  :P

[chrisB]

Honestly, I'm not sure about the wavy footer or, the links (they look slapped on so far). That's the only thing I can point out, but that's preferences really. I just feel it could look more striking, maybe changing it slightly so it doesn't look as if water is pouring out from the left/less of a wavy sea.

I realise it's work in progress, but if I just left positive feedback and ignored the above then there no point in me commenting.

Colour scheme looks nice.

Index layout is different in a unique and good way.

Navigation seems good.

Very nice work.

You've got some awesome themes btw.
I'm stuck in a time warp from the early 00's.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on January 18, 2023, 07:36:53 PMOkay, sounds good. And I edited my post to include my wife's suggestion for a name.  :P
That actually works quite well for the name.

I figured that name was already used, did a quick search on the theme site and sure enough it was not used yet.

May take that suggestion, so let her know I said thank you.

Steve

TwitchisMental

Quote from: [chrisB] on January 18, 2023, 07:39:45 PMHonestly, I'm not sure about the wavy footer or, the links (they look slapped on so far).

Because they are at this point XD.

Quote from: [chrisB] on January 18, 2023, 07:39:45 PMI realise it's work in progress, but if I just left positive feedback and ignored the above then there no point in me commenting.

Colour scheme looks nice.

Index layout is different in a unique and good way.

Navigation seems good.

Very nice work.

You've got some awesome themes btw.

All feedback is welcome.

Thank you for the feedback that you have provided.

TwitchisMental

Late night, can't sleep.. So why not fiddle around with this theme some more :D?

Looking a bit better now -

Steve

[chrisB]

The copyright footer having its own colour is a good addition. Also, the logo goes nicely. 👍🏻
I'm stuck in a time warp from the early 00's.

Steve

@TwitchisMental  - Have you decided 'Blue Wave' is what you're going to call it for sure? If so, maybe change the topic title?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on January 20, 2023, 08:53:47 AM@TwitchisMental  - Have you decided 'Blue Wave' is what you're going to call it for sure? If so, maybe change the topic title?
Yeah it probably is. Updated title.

Steve

Awesome. My wife is going to be so pleased and have such a big head I won't be able to put up with her lol.

Advertisement: