News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How can I edit SimplePortal Copyrights

Started by Faixan, January 31, 2023, 01:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faixan

I had installed SimplePortal mpackage on my website. But It also added a copyright line in my site's footer " SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal".
How can I simplify this copyrigt line " Credits to SimplePortal MOD".
Pls help

@rjen

That is really a question to ask the mod authors: the license may not permit you to change it
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Faixan

Quote from: @rjen on January 31, 2023, 01:35:35 PMThat is really a question to ask the mod authors: the license may not permit you to change it
Can you tell me in which file is this copytight? Am not removing it.
I've a lot of Mods with copyrights.
I just want to align them simply in one line. Please help!

Kindred

Faixan -- you MIGHT (or might not) be able to remove it, based on the license.

You can *NEVER* change it, however.   If either gets displayed as is or not at all.

there are pretty stringent rules about copyright statements.

Regardless, *WE* will never make a post explaining how or where to change or remove copyright statements -  and any answers that do so will be deleted immediately.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

@rjen

Quote from: Faixan on January 31, 2023, 01:50:51 PM
Quote from: @rjen on January 31, 2023, 01:35:35 PMThat is really a question to ask the mod authors: the license may not permit you to change it
Can you tell me in which file is this copytight? Am not removing it.
I've a lot of Mods with copyrights.
I just want to align them simply in one line. Please help!

Nope I will not, because of the reasons mentioned
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Steve

This topic is closed now closed. Any further comments will be deleted (and the topic locked) as @Kindred has explained everything needed to be known about copyrights.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I will add, that if you are hoping to simply change presentation (location, size, colors) it's usually allowed up to a point  - Basically, as long as the contents of the copyright notice remain unaltered and any text stays clearly visible and readable and you are not trying to hide it.

But if you need any help doing changes like this, you should really just check with the copyright owner directly, and they may or may not help you with it - It is completely up to them.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

Quote from: Steve on February 01, 2023, 08:44:56 AMAny further comments will be deleted
Ok, I lied, I certainly am not going to delete our Project Manager's post!

Faixan

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 01, 2023, 11:58:24 AMI will add, that if you are hoping to simply change presentation (location, size, colors) it's usually allowed up to a point  - Basically, as long as the contents of the copyright notice remain unaltered and any text stays clearly visible and readable and you are not trying to hide it.
Bro, I am happy that you understood my problem. I just want to align Different Copyrights. But I am unable to find SimplePortal Copyright. I'll not remove or hide it.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Still, this holds true.
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 01, 2023, 11:58:24 AMif you need any help doing changes like this, you should really just check with the copyright owner directly, and they may or may not help you with it - It is completely up to them.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

No, your initial point was that you were going to change the wording of the simple portal copyright...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DeadMan...

Quote from: Steve on February 01, 2023, 08:44:56 AMThis topic is closed now closed. Any further comments will be deleted (and the topic locked) as @Kindred has explained everything needed to be known about copyrights.

Under the circumstances, I would have thought that "Locking" the thread would be "Closing" it...
I tell it how I see it... Don't like it? Hit Alt+F4!

Steve

@DeadMan... - normally it does. I chose to just mark it solved and not lock it in this case. However, I'm locking it now.

Advertisement: