My forum doesn't come up after installing the mod

Started by Survivor1989, January 31, 2023, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivor1989

Hello
After installing the Activitybar mod My forum does not come up. Now I want to delete this mod, but I don't know what files should be deleted. I just found and deleted the Activitybar files in the Sources folder

Please guide me how to go back to the previous state

Rise UP SMF ♥

Kindred

did you follow the rules of modding -- always take a backup before modifying any files?

If so, then restore your backup...
If not, then maybe your host has an automated backup that you can restore...

if not that -- then go to the mod page on the mod site -- and look at the manual installation instructions, and do them in reverse.

I guarantee that just deleting the file will not fix your issue.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

There should be a backup in /Packages/backups.  Download, unzip, upload to forum root. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Survivor1989

please help
I can't reset my forum
I think the problem must be hooks files
But I can't find this folder in hosts
Rise UP SMF ♥

Kindred

there is no FOLDER for hooks. Hooks are added in the database.

You can remove the hooks using repair_settings.php -- but that won't undo any file edits that may have also been made.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Survivor1989

Quote from: Kindred on February 01, 2023, 01:16:15 PMthere is no FOLDER for hooks. Hooks are added in the database.

You can remove the hooks using repair_settings.php -- but that won't undo any file edits that may have also been made.
There is no way to fix my forum? Do I have to install SM again?

Its so bad
Rise UP SMF ♥

Sir Osis of Liver

Have you restored the package backup?  Removed hooks with repair_settings?  At worst you can upload a clean set of files, you won't lose any content, it's in the database.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: