News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF File doesn't support Database version

Started by Snow-Man, March 12, 2023, 11:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Your parse error is because PHP is below 7.0.

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, it was 5.6.  Was looking at the wrong domain.  Now repair_settings is damaging Settings.php if I save path to /cache.

Registration is working.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

shawnb61

I would copy a blank 2.1 Settings.php over from the 2.1.3 installer.

Then run the CURRENT version of repair_settings.php from the download site.

If there are still issues, I suspect env/os problems.

Note that the upgrader will in fact add missing entries to the end of Settings.php to bring it current.  And unless you tell the upgrader to rebuild Settings.php, it will just add & update entries as necessary.  (My 2.1 site's Settings.php said it was SMF 1.1 until recently...  That in & of itself isn't a problem...)  I just think this one was so borked at the db & file system level it got confused where it was at.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: shawnb61 on March 14, 2023, 07:48:33 PMI would copy a blank 2.1 Settings.php over from the 2.1.3 installer.
Did that.

QuoteThen run the CURRENT version of repair_settings.php from the download site.
That, as well.

QuoteIf there are still issues, I suspect env/os problems.
Will check it again tonight.  Think I checked a damaged Settings.php against a scratch file last night and they were the same except for forum specific settings.  Have a vague recollection of something Arantor had posted a few years back regarding damage to file header that could only be found/fixed using hex dump.  Did it once, but that was long ago and far away. :(
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: