News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF File doesn't support Database version

Started by Snow-Man, March 12, 2023, 11:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow-Man

hello guys,
today I have made new forum and tried to back up old database and when I try to connect with back up i receive this error

QuoteSMF file version (2.1.3) does not match SMF database version (1.1.4). Run the SMF upgrader to fix this.
how to solve it

Arantor

It's telling you how to solve it - run the upgrader. You can't use a 1.1.x database in 2.1 without running the upgrade process to convert it from 1.1.x to 2.1 format.

Snow-Man

can you tell me how to do it? i have checked the guide but was hard to follow the instructions

Arantor

I'm not sure what you've done already - you put all the files for the 2.1 Large Upgrade on the server, make sure Settings.php points to your database (which you seem to have done) then visit upgrade.php to run the upgrade... and just follow the prompts.

Snow-Man

Quote from: Arantor on March 12, 2023, 11:59:19 AMI'm not sure what you've done already - you put all the files for the 2.1 Large Upgrade on the server, make sure Settings.php points to your database (which you seem to have done) then visit upgrade.php to run the upgrade... and just follow the prompts.

i have done that before but after logging in, in the 2nd step it says like this

QuoteBackup Database
Please wait while a backup is created. For large forums this may take some time!
Completed 0 out of 46 tables.
Current Table: "attachments"
Backup Complete! Click Continue to Proceed.
but i can not click on continue button down

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What do you mean you can not click the button? Why?
Does the upgrade script look ok, did you have any warnings or errors at any point?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Snow-Man

no error it only says Backup Complete! Click Continue to Proceed.
exactly here -> Overall Progress 4%

Snow-Man

i can provide more info or links if you want to

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You didn't really answer all the questions yet. How about taking a screenshot of exactly where it stops, and further explaining what is wrong exactly with it.

Also, please edit your post if you have something to add within the time you are allowed to modify it, and avoid unnecessarily double posting. Thank you.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That looks like something is missing or misconfigured with SMF. Before running the upgrade, make sure all the settings (paths, urls, etc.) are correct - You can do this with repair_settings.php

What is repair_settings.php?

If this doesn't help, reupload everything in the upgrade package making sure to overwrite everything before trying again.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Snow-Man

in the first time, i have installed full install from here https://download.simplemachines.org/ and then installed large upgrade so it replaced some files from full install then opened upgrade.php
thats what i did
tell me if i did something wrong

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 12, 2023, 02:00:20 PMThat looks like something is missing or misconfigured with SMF. Before running the upgrade, make sure all the settings (paths, urls, etc.) are correct - You can do this with repair_settings.php

What is repair_settings.php?

If this doesn't help, reupload everything in the upgrade package making sure to overwrite everything before trying again.
i have checked it before posting here, everything made on defaults, only database prefix changed to the one that i tried to restore old sql

Illori

usually when moving the install, we recommend you make sure the existing forum is working first before doing the upgrade. have you done this?

Snow-Man

its working
Quote from: Illori on March 12, 2023, 03:58:01 PMusually when moving the install, we recommend you make sure the existing forum is working first before doing the upgrade. have you done this?
its working but i put upgrade files into same place with forum files, its has been replaced
thats what i did

Snow-Man

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 12, 2023, 01:08:15 PMWhat do you mean you can not click the button? Why?
Does the upgrade script look ok, did you have any warnings or errors at any point?

i forget to mention on the main page of upgrade.php, there's a critical error and says Critical Error!
The upgrade script cannot find script.js or it is out of date. Make sure your theme paths are correct. You can download a setting checker tool from the Simple Machines Website

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you have the 1.1.4 install working?  Link to forum?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Snow-Man

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 12, 2023, 05:49:27 PMDo you have the 1.1.4 install working?  Link to forum?

i have installed the latest version of smf

Sir Osis of Liver

Assuming you have uploaded 2.1.3 Large Upgrade package to forum directory of a working 1.1.4 forum, you should be able to run upgrade.php without errors.  If you've moved the forum to a different directory or domain, you must correct all paths using repair_settings.php.  The upgrader is not finding files it needs to run the upgrade.  Either paths are incorrect, or files aren't where they're supposed to be.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Doug Heffernan

Most likely your paths and urls for themes and possibly other settings are not pointing to the right location. Run the aforementioned tool to straighten them out.

Regarding the upgrade, please see the following link:

Upgrading SMF

Advertisement: