News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

8: Undefined index: label

Started by casp3r, August 22, 2023, 08:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

casp3r

Hi guys,
I have one user, who when he uploads an avatar he is generating errors in the log files.

/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (Line 121)  Backtrace information

Type of error: Undefined
Error messageSelect
8: Undefined index: label

He has sent me the same avatar and I have uploaded it and used it as my avatar and there are no error messages generated. I asked him to upload a completely different one and the same error message is appearing in the logs. Currently only seems to be this user that it's affecting.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Many thanks in advance.
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'm fairly sure that has nothing to do with the avatar. Could you attach a copy of that file (/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php) to your next message?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

the problem won't be in the genericmenu file/script...     the problem is likely to be from a mod which didn't properly create the menu object.

casp3r -- what mods do you have installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Ah, true - I should've thought of that, it's just the generic menu function around those parts of the template file.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shawnb61

The "label" issue is a known issue.  It is unrelated to avatar processing.

The messages are harmless & can be ignored for now.

Fix coming in 2.1.5.
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/issues/7559
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/pull/7733
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

lurkalot

Quote from: Kindred on August 22, 2023, 12:51:21 PMthe problem won't be in the genericmenu file/script...    the problem is likely to be from a mod which didn't properly create the menu object.

Maybe unrelated but as you mentioned mods, strangely enough I started getting this same error after upgrading to Stop Forum Spam v1.4 so had to roll back to v1.3 to stop it. 

casp3r

Hi guys,
many thanks for all the replies. There are no mods installed - this was a fresh install, I archived my old forum and wanted to start afresh with the 2.1.# tree.
Strange that I don't get any errors for any other members. If this member removes the avatar the error messages disappear, which is why I thought it was avatar related.
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

casp3r

Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

Dave J

Quote from: lurkalot on August 22, 2023, 01:49:03 PM
Quote from: Kindred on August 22, 2023, 12:51:21 PMthe problem won't be in the genericmenu file/script...    the problem is likely to be from a mod which didn't properly create the menu object.

Maybe unrelated but as you mentioned mods, strangely enough I started getting this same error after upgrading to Stop Forum Spam v1.4 so had to roll back to v1.3 to stop it. 

Just reporting that I can confirm Lurkalot's comment on this being an issue with 'Stop Forum Spam'(SFS) it was bugging me for a while so I uninstalled mods and checked after each one was removed and the error went after the SFS was uninstalled. I installed the latest version and issue is resolved.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Advertisement: