News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Removing "Reminder: This post will not appear until approved by a moderator."

Started by hatmak, September 17, 2023, 10:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatmak

Hi all,

When my users click to "post" button, they get a warning message. I want to remove "Reminder: This post will not appear until approved by a moderator." warning message. How can I do this?

Picture is shown below.

skb

You will need to set the number of "Required Posts" by Newbie member to Zero from the Admin/Membergroups section.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

hatmak

Quote from: skb on September 17, 2023, 11:29:29 PMYou will need to set the number of "Required Posts" by Newbie member to Zero from the Admin/Membergroups section.

Already so. I just enabled admin post approval, but I don't want my users to see this message. So, when they open a topic, they need my approval, but I just want them not to see this message.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hatmak

Quote from: Kindred on September 18, 2023, 01:57:28 AMYou would have to edit code... possibly multiple placrs

Which code?I edited Post.english.php and removed the message but it still shows a empty box.Which code should I edit to remove the message box?

Kindred

You probably should not have modified post.php at all. That may affect your ability to use functionality.

Instead
Post.template.php
Display.template.php
Possibly other templates as well...

But you don't want to remove it entirely- otherwise, you as admin won't know that things need to be approved.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hatmak

Quote from: Kindred on September 18, 2023, 07:49:45 AMYou probably should not have modified post.php at all. That may affect your ability to use functionality.

Instead
Post.template.php
Display.template.php
Possibly other templates as well...

But you don't want to remove it entirely- otherwise, you as admin won't know that things need to be approved.

I edited Post.template.php and removed the pop up message. The problem has been solved. I am marking it as solved.

Advertisement: