News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Best antibot for smf 2.0.19?

Started by Jotade29, November 11, 2023, 03:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jotade29

Hellooo!! Version: 2.0.19. I would like to ask which is the best antibot for SMF for you. I've been there for 2 years, and i've never had any problems, but a couple of days ago, a Russian user (bot) registered, full of advertising on his profile, and indeed his IP is on the spam blacklist.

Until now I have always believed that the visual verification of SMF (letters and numbers) + security questions were completely effective, but i have seen that this is not the case.

Thank you so much
Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 12, 2023, 02:20:18 AMI'm afraid convincing Jotade to upgrade to SMF 2.1 will require bigger effort than your work sanitizing Unicode characters  :laugh:

vbgamer45

Was it a bot though? If it was a person you can't do much about it. If you only had one person/bot in two years that is not bad all.  You could change up your questions.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Jotade29

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 11, 2023, 04:04:27 PMWas it a bot though? If it was a person you can't do much about it. If you only had one person/bot in two years that is not bad all.  You could change up your questions.

Your IP appears on many blacklist sites... Stop forum spam, cleantalk... I'm worried that it could become something common, that's why i thought about putting in some more layer of security... but i don't know what to put
Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 12, 2023, 02:20:18 AMI'm afraid convincing Jotade to upgrade to SMF 2.1 will require bigger effort than your work sanitizing Unicode characters  :laugh:

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: