News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

pre-moderated Board

Started by fratellino, November 30, 2005, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fratellino

Is there a MOD for pre-moderated board so that all new posts into a board must be approved by a Moderator before they can appear to all people?

Thanks.

Col

I asked about something that would amount to what you asking, but is more sophisticated. Grudge is working on some ideas that would give some protection over content too.

Maybe the auto-moderation idea that I submitted could include an approval of all posts mode. There have been a quite a number of requests similar to yours, but if good posts could be automatically let through somehow, that would improve how your forum operates no end.

Think, approval may take 24 hours (ruining the flow of threads), you might have 100s of posts to go through at a go, if all had to get approval. White-listing certain groups and having an intelligent filter, or as grudge proposed, removal of posts via a more complex form of reporting of bad posts, would be the better way to go.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=58223.0

walace

i was looking for a mod like this but it would be for when users Attach files to a post in certin boards they would be approved by a member of admin?

Col

Why not create a group with that permission, or is it that you wish to approve each and every attachment?

daron

I would like that feature as well - I want to approve all posts and threads members submit. I tried that Visual Warning Mod and I'm not sure it's what I need. I couldn't get it to work or find where you control it.

I just want the simple feature to approve messages for all members and for the messages to show up once I approve.

Thanks for any help

Advertisement: