News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Install SMF on WordPress

Started by LupoBello, December 11, 2023, 06:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LupoBello

Hi, how can I install a SM forum within a Wordpress site?

vbgamer45

Make a separate folder/directory on your wordpress site such as forum and upload the SMF files there and install.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

you'll also have to install the wordpress <-> SMF bridge if you want to share users between the systems

not sure what the status of the bridge is with SMF 2.1.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LupoBello

Thanks for the answers.
1.  wordpress <-> SMF bridge: I don't see this mentioned anywhere.But yes, I have several groups of users in wp and I'd like to create a forum for each group. New users must register themselves in wp after which they get access to some pages and to the forums that are applicable to them.

2. If I create a folder on the site for the forum, how do I synchronize the look with the wp theme? Manually?
IS there any aspect of the forum pages that can be managed through the wp dashboard - or do I just design and configure the forum separately and just link to it?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: LupoBello on December 11, 2023, 09:37:42 PM1.  wordpress <-> SMF bridge: I don't see this mentioned anywhere

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4256

Quote from: LupoBello on December 11, 2023, 09:37:42 PMor do I just design and configure the forum separately and just link to it?

This.

Kindred

yeah, you literally CAN NOT use WordPress theming with SMF... there are conflicts between variable names.  So you'll have to design your SMF theme to mirror your wordpress one.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: