Admin Menu Issue and No space left on device errors

Started by savo, February 10, 2024, 12:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savo

Hello,

I have two issues with my forum I'm hoping that someone can help me solve.  The forum itself seems to be working fine.

First Issue
When I click on the admin menu, it loses its Theme.  If I'm browsing the non-admin side of the forum, it's working fine.  I have two accounts with admin access and they are both doing the same thing.  I also tried in different browsers and on different computers and all the same.

Second Issue
Since yesterday morning, I've been getting thousands of No space left on device errors.  I checked my disk usage in cPanel and it said 28 GB of Unlimited used.  I reached out to Bluehost and I was told it's because my PHP version was too new and that I should use v7.4.  When he told me this, I knew that he knew nothing and he wouldn't be able to provide an answer.  I've been using 8.2 for a while now (SMF 2.1.4). He said he made some changes to the .htaccess file and it will work later on but it did not.  In the evening I did a clean up and deleted some older backups and downloaded/deleted some stuff I found from the previous webmasters.  I reduced it down to 14 GB and I stopped receiving the No space left on device errors. 

I then checked the admin menu theme issue and it was still happening but I figure it might resolve itself in the morning. 

But unfortunately this morning I'm getting the No space left on device errors again but it seemed to have stopped at 4:30 am EST.  The size remained at 14 GB so I don't know why it's telling me that I'm running out of space when I shouldn't be.  Maybe Bluehost needed some time to catch up?

The last thing I did on the forum was create a new sub board for an upcoming event for the club that owns the forum but that was over two weeks ago. 

Can the lack of space issue cause the menu issue?  Can someone advise on how to fix the theme in admin??

Kindred

So, if your system runs out of space while trying to create the cache - yeah, I think it could cause the theme issues.

As to WHY....   no idea, other than the host is lying to you about the available space
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: