News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need Help - Joomla/SMF Bridge

Started by Gobo, December 01, 2005, 02:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobo

Hi, I read the tutorials and to be honest I cant make head or tails of them cos they keep switching between versions and it confuses me if that step applies to me or not. So I am starting this thread to see if I can get some specific help for my case. Please dont redirect me to another post unless it clearly describes the solution to my issue. Thank you.

Versions I am running:

Joomla_1[1].0.4-Stable

SMF 1.1RC1

Questions before installation:
1) Will it affect my SMF board in any negative manner to install this bridge?
2) If in the future I decide to uninstall Joomla will it be possible without complication for SMF ?
3) If upgrading either Joomla or SMF in the future will I face complications with the bridge?
4) I will be installin the e-cards and document/multimedia management adons along with Joomla later on will this cause any problems for the bridge?
5) I have installed coppermine as well, will this bridge needed to be applied to SMF coppermine and Joomla together or are there saperate procedures?

Finally what files do I need to download exactly and then what do i do?
Please be patient with me, I ask because already I am cautious after a 'failed' mkportal experience. And since I dont know too much about PHP so it gets even more tougher for me to sorth things out.

Thanks for any help extended.

Madley

Asnwer for question 1 and 2:

1. No. The Bridge is only a mod, if you install it you can always unistall without problem for your board.
2. Yes, the only thing you've to remember is that the bridge modiy the file Subs.php (in your source directory) and so if you unistall the mod you've to modify that file.

Finally, if you want to install the Orstio bridge, I think is important that you read here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=25718.0

Download this file:

http://mamboforge.net/frs/download.php/6471/MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3.zip

and look inside, you'll find all the information you need.

;)

Gobo

Thanks I will just go ahead and give it a try!

If everything explodes then ill just chill lol

Kindred

on coppermione, you should pick which system you are going to bridge coppermine to...   you only bridge to one system. (I suggest SMF, because then coppermine keeps up with any name changes that someone makes to thier profile and links back to the smf profile rather than the mambo stuff....,
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gobo

ok i dont know what happend really

i got one error and as i was clicking here and there frantically trying to fix it VIOLA it got solved by itself (really!)

then i got another error...same thing happend - fixed itself

then another error and at this point i said to myself "im gona kill someone if this keeps up"

BUT VIOLA it fixed it self!!!!

I am still totally confused what happend but it seems to work!

Now one last thing remains!!!!!!!!!!!

What themes to use with Jmoola ?

chadness

Quote from: akulion on December 01, 2005, 10:46:58 AM
What themes to use with Jmoola ?

That's a tough one!  Check the templates and themes thread.

Gobo

ok this is what it looks right now

http://path-to-peace.com/Joomla/

i dont know if the akoabsolute blue theme will show up for u or not...but if it dosent just select the skin from the selector at the bottom.....i just lov it!

however when i view the forum it gets all squashed up  :o so i just choose standalone for now

and i saw the selection of themes available for jmoola + smf and they are .... lets just say they make me wana jump out my window   :-[

chadness

Quote from: akulion on December 01, 2005, 12:16:29 PM
ok this is what it looks right now

http://path-to-peace.com/Joomla/

i dont know if the akoabsolute blue theme will show up for u or not...but if it dosent just select the skin from the selector at the bottom.....i just lov it!
Looks great!
however when i view the forum it gets all squashed up  :o so i just choose standalone for now
That's pretty common.  This talks about it:
QuoteQ:  My fonts are all messed up in the bridged SMF.

A:  Edit your SMF theme.   Find where it says doctype="xhtml" and change xhtml to html.  That will fix most issues.  There may be more, which can be accomplished by pasting your SMF CSS into your Mambo CSS, and then deleting duplicate entries.

and i saw the selection of themes available for jmoola + smf and they are .... lets just say they make me wana jump out my window   :-[
I hear you, even though one of them is on I worked on.  Here's a page for the one I did with a screen shot if it does you any good.  It might at least be a nice example for how to edit your theme to work well wrapped.

It was for a business site, so not exactly what I would like the bext.  The side bar and logo aren't there when it's wrapped, though, which is nice.  I need to work on a curvy one like that theme from Bloc you have.

Advertisement: