Cannot download languages from the admin panel - and other related errors...

Started by shawnb61, April 05, 2024, 01:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

Reported here:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?msg=4172672

...and confirmed.

"The Simple Machines site is not responding. Please try again later."

PROBABLY RELATED...

If I have a 2.1.3 forum and attempt to patch to 2.1.4 by following the link in the "Update Available" prompt in the package manager, that fails too. 

That action fails with the lengthy "Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty.... " message.

PROBABLY RELATED....
Downloading packages & patches from SMF from within pacman within the admin panel results in :
"An error has occurred
Unable to connect to the server. Please try using this URL instead."

And if you click on "this URL" in the prompt above, you get a WSOD with plaintext:
"SMF Downloads Server Patches smf:patch_2-1-4 SMF 2.1.4 Patch smf_2-1-4_patch.tar.gz Patching from 2.1.3 to 2.1.4 using Package Manager to replace only changed lines. 2.1.4 Simple Machines https://www.simplemachines.org 9fd14c33249500e2b6ad5f59d3e9c1450af1530de66c1bfd7870ddcd3741a815 0601079293a777e9453f2b623e03d6f1fd0f1ac6 acb13222ac2a86b896aa0c27d739fb3b"

Which is also likely related to the report here:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=588625.0

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shawnb61

I suspect they are all related.  This feels very similar to when we migrated smorg to new servers a while back...  There was some apache mapping that needed to be done since we were running code to build files for download - they weren't just download links.  I think that needs to be redone again (maybe due to an apache patch or server move, etc...).
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

I took a peek at the console, & the error looks a bit different...  It's a 403, possibly CORS related...

Below screenshot is from attempting to do the 2.1.4 patch via the "Update Available" link.

You cannot view this attachment.

Sir Osis of Liver

As of couple weeks ago, could not d/l 2.0 language packs with same error, 2.1 worked.  Now neither works.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

shawnb61

Same here.  I'm still getting the 403 attempting the 2.1.4 patch.

SleePy

I don't see those under any events.  Odd.  I've tested it on my sites and it is working.  Any debug info you can give?  Capture the output returned from our servers to see what it is telling you.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

shawnb61

All 3 items reported above work now:
 - Language load
 - 2.1.4 patch auto-update
 - Browsing mods from pacman

Must've taken a while to flush all caches, etc.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SleePy

Can I get the server IP so I can check the logs and see?  I wasn't seeing anything previously though on some of these requests.

Advertisement: