News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to delete ALL users with 0 message ?

Started by Saiy, May 06, 2024, 05:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saiy

Hi guys!

Is there a way or a SQL command to delete (or at least ban) ALL users with 0 message, please? I'm not talking about "inactive users". Just users with 0 message.

I explain why: Between 2015 and 2019, a lot of account have been created. They were completly inactive until recently, and (surprise!) they appear to be russian bots posting X spams. It's like trojans, hiding since 5 years in the house... So I'm pretty sure that if I delete ALL users with 0 message, the problem will be solved.

CRM 114

Quote from: Saiy on May 06, 2024, 05:54:46 AMIs there a way or a SQL command to delete (or at least ban) ALL users with 0 message, please?

This is not recommended. Better delete them in the Administration Center.
German Wet Shaving Forum: www.gut-rasiert.de/forum

Saiy

I can not manually delete +1000 account.
There exists a function to massively delete all inactive members (forum maintenance > members > delete inactive members)... So there's certainly a way to do the same to delete users with 0 message.  :-X

Saiy

It worked perfectly !

In the meantime, I also found another solution for those who don't want to install a plugin :

- The native "delete inactive user" function (in admin panel) allows you delete inactive member per member group (that's very important).
- So I created a member group "0 message users" with 0 messages.
- Then I created a member group "+1 message users" with minimum 1 messages.
- And finally, I just had to delete ALL inactive users from the group "0 message users" ! It worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot !

Arantor

Did you make that a post count group? More importantly: do you still have a post count group for 0-or-more posts?

Advertisement: