News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can I jump this windows without email

Started by gear777, May 17, 2024, 04:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gear777

Hello, I just upgraded to the last version but my forum is in local with xampp and every time when I trying to log in this windows comes up so I do not get any email from localhost.

Kindred

Do you have your mailserver correctly configured on your server?
That's likely the problem,  and is outside of our support...  it's one of the many reasons that we don't recommend hosting yourself unless you really know what you're doing
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That looks like the password reminder process. Shouldn't happen immediately on it's own.
You could try try emptying your browser cache, and then retry through index.php?action=login
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

gear777

Quote from: Kindred on May 17, 2024, 06:17:32 PMDo you have your mailserver correctly configured on your server?
That's likely the problem,  and is outside of our support...  it's one of the many reasons that we don't recommend hosting yourself unless you really know what you're doing

it's xampp, everything is fine like instructions and lot of tutorials but it doesn't work.

gear777

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on May 18, 2024, 01:09:18 AMThat looks like the password reminder process. Shouldn't happen immediately on it's own.
You could try try emptying your browser cache, and then retry through index.php?action=login

Yes, I did but it doesn't works. I'm just testing smf locally to see how to make changes before going up to cpanel and making the same changes. I need to enter the smf admin panel but I cannot receive the emails

shawnb61

If you need to emulate a mail server for a local wamp test environment, this might help:
https://changemakerstudios.us/papercut-smtp/

I use it with wampserver.
A question worth asking is born in experience & driven by necessity. - Fripp

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on May 17, 2024, 06:17:32 PM...it's one of the many reasons that we don't recommend hosting yourself unless you really know what you're doing
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gear777

Quote from: Kindred on May 18, 2024, 12:02:22 PM
Quote from: Kindred on May 17, 2024, 06:17:32 PM...it's one of the many reasons that we don't recommend hosting yourself unless you really know what you're doing

It is a test server on my computer.  only the only one who can see it.  I just want to test mods and configurations before installing it on the hosting.

shawnb61

A tool such as Papercut (link above) allows you to test email flows on your local test wamp server.  Even things like registration/activation emails.  It should help you get past being stuck there.  Enter the account/email, and when SMF sends the password recovery email, you will see it in Papercut.  Just click on the link in the email in Papercut.

There are other ways to fix a lost admin password, kinda involved.  IIRC you create a new account via the normal registration form, activate it & elevate it to admin (both via DB update) and use that new admin account to fix the password on the original one. 
A question worth asking is born in experience & driven by necessity. - Fripp

gear777

Quote from: shawnb61 on May 18, 2024, 12:55:14 PMA tool such as Papercut (link above) allows you to test email flows on your local test wamp server.  Even things like registration/activation emails.  It should help you get past being stuck there.  Enter the account/email, and when SMF sends the password recovery email, you will see it in Papercut.  Just click on the link in the email in Papercut.

There are other ways to fix a lost admin password, kinda involved.  IIRC you create a new account via the normal registration form, activate it & elevate it to admin (both via DB update) and use that new admin account to fix the password on the original one. 

Thanks a lot. Everything is really good, works perfectly!

Advertisement: