How 2 disable wrapped header/footer in Joomla/SMF1.0.5

Started by visualweb, December 01, 2005, 11:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualweb

What is the practice for disabling the "complete" xhtml theme from SMF?
I've installed SMF1.0.5 (default theme) along with Cowboy's Joomla/SMF bridge.

All loads and displays properly -EXCEPT- SMF renders complete e.g.

xhtml declaration
head/head
meta
etc.etc.

Obviously, for W3c compliance I don't want this as my Joomla template calls these.

I've ticked the "wrapped" checkbox option (which appears to work as intended) but I still get SMF header calls.

appreciate the guidance

vis

Kindred

I don't know for sure what cowboy's bridge does...   but the standard way of removing the header information from the smf theme is listed in about a dozen threads around here.

first, you have to take the important information and put it into your mambo template, so that smf HAS the info when it is eventually called.

then you have to open the smf theme's index.template.php and "if" out the heading sections using
// remove if forum is wrapped
if (empty($_REQUEST['option'])){

// end of remove if forum is wrapped
}
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chadness

Check out this theme that I modified to do that if you want an example.

visualweb

Thanks to you both *(Chadness and Kindred).  I wound up tearing apart one of the themes and purged the unwanted head declarations and a few other unessentials. PITA, but well worth the effort. Appreciate you taking a `no0b by the hand.

regards

vis.

Advertisement: