News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Started by Arantor, June 26, 2024, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

One of the things I've really found myself wanting to see more of is an integrated avatar resizer - so that people don't have to resize an avatar themselves if it's the wrong size.

Sure, SMF will resize if it's over the limits but I've found - especially in my setup - that there is some desire to have consistent avatar sizes and proportions, especially if using a theme that has the avatars showing on boardindexes/messageindexes etc.

I've been working on it for my setup, but I think it'd be neat for SMF to have it as a feature. I can't really share the code, because my avatar code is radically different from core SMF (since I have subaccounts and multiple avatars per subaccount)

(And yes, my avatar size really is 200x290 on my test setup, it's actually 200x300 on production.)
Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

Sir Osis of Liver

Columnar basalt.  Is that the Giant's Causeway in Ireland?
When in Emor, do as the Snamors.
                              - D. Lister

vbgamer45

Is it an open javascript selector script or is it custom for what you did? I have used stuff like Pixie javascript  but that is not lightweight/free.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 26, 2024, 09:38:27 PMColumnar basalt.  Is that the Giant's Causeway in Ireland?

Yup. Fits in with the lore of the site.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 26, 2024, 11:05:23 PMIs it an open javascript selector script or is it custom for what you did? I have used stuff like Pixie javascript  but that is not lightweight/free.

I'm using https://foliotek.github.io/Croppie/ - MIT licence. Other options exist, this just suited what I wanted. It basically only does cropping/resizing with a friendly UI.
Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

Advertisement: