News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

RSS Injector available

Started by confusion, December 24, 2005, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ketchup

Can someone tell me what this means when I run the injector

Warning: main(RSS.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ag8090/domains/blahblahforums.com/public_html/forums/rss_injector1.php on line 12

Warning: main(RSS.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ag8090/domains/blahblahforums.com/public_html/forums/rss_injector1.php on line 12

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'RSS.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ag8090/domains/blahblahforums.com/public_html/forums/rss_injector1.php on line 12

samyot

Quote from: Veign on December 23, 2006, 01:05:09 PM
I posted the code to:
http://www.veign.com/vrc_codeview.asp?type=web&id=47

Sample board where its working:
http://www.scarymind.com/index.php?board=26.0

Improvements that I need to make:
- Add the date/time stamp back to the DB when a feed was last retrieved (very easy to do just need to do it)

Hi,

Is this supposed to update the Forum History part on the Statistics page of the forum?

The script has posted many new topics but the count is still 0 under New Topics....

confusion

I'm glad to see that so much has come out of my little script.  I really apologize for dumping it and not coming back to help.  Life has been quite busy for the past 18 months.

samyot

This script uses the createPost function which doesn't seem to update the log_activity table from which the stats page displays the daily stats.

Does someone know how to add the code for this to happen?

vipmoney

VipMoney

Ben_S

Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

BorderAmigos

Ok, I've gotten this working well, even modified a bit to suit me.  I have it running on a cron job and it is good.

Now, is there a yang to this ying?  I want a script that can also run on a cron job and delete the posts specifically created by this one.

Anything around already?  I've pulled the RemovePosts2 subs out and it's a lot of back engineering to get there.  Hoping not to re-invent the wheel.
[nofollow]

Chris369

BorderAmigos

Yes it works on 1.1.4.  The issues I am having with it are that it does not update the post count and it does duplicate posts.  I also still need and automated post deletion mechanism.  I've disabled it for now.
[nofollow]

tulsabobt

Hello,

I'm pretty familiar with setting up boards and when I run the script manually I get a blank page (from previous posts that's a good thing) but I never get any posts. I have tried in mysql to change the feed to several known updating feeds to no avail.

I've yet to see someone explain exactly which mysql fields to input the variables. If someone could do that I would appreciate. I am using the "default" fields, but maybe that is wrong?

I ran the sql without customizations, which inserted rssfeeds tables just fine.

MemberID I have set to "1" under "default".
BoardID is set to 2, again under "default"
FeedURL is set to a slashdot feed url, again under "default"
(the feed is just a wordpress feec urrently that begins with httphxxp:www.site.com/rss.php [nonactive] or whatever- is that ok or must it be an xml file it points to?)
FeedName is also populated, under "default"

Any help you be appreciated!

Bob

Advertisement: