News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

spam/scam through messaging

Started by Gregory, December 29, 2005, 09:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory

I got the below message on this forum, it's just like the spam i get by email and bin straight away coz clearly its dodgy.

QuoteDear friend,

I am writing to enquire if you can handle a financial transaction involving transfer of a consideral amount of money to a third party bank account to be provided by you.

If you have the means and ability to handle such transaction without hitches, then let us discuss and agree modalities to get the fund transferred urgently.

Call me on my private telephone number 00234-803-220-0666 for full details. My alternative email address is [email protected].

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,
Dawson McAnthony
From Dawson
Ant's Life - My morpg that is integrated with SMF for good communications between players and staff.

TriGrrrl

There's a "report to admin" link on private messages, which might have gotten this issue noticed much more quickly than a post to the boards.

Quote from: Gregory on December 29, 2005, 09:33:40 AM
I got the below message on this forum, it's just like the spam i get by email and bin straight away coz clearly its dodgy.

Gregory

oh ok, I've done that now.
I didn't think of looking for a link like that.
Ant's Life - My morpg that is integrated with SMF for good communications between players and staff.

alchemy

In the forum I'm building Noobies are limited to 5 Pm's to slow that type of abuse.

MikeTheDon

Got that spam message as well...

Mike

Grudge

I'm only a half geek really...

Mr. Jinx

Banned? Why? I just called this guy and he really had a great offer! ;D

Advertisement: