Mambo Open Source

Started by Sreya, February 24, 2004, 01:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brat

At my other hangout, the official Mambo OS site, I stumbled upon this thread:

http://forum.mamboserver.com/viewtopic.php?p=73039&highlight=smf#73039

And the link to a site where there is an active SMF Mambo integration.

http://www.magnificentworld.net/index.php

Seems this person is doing the SMF Mambo integration via extensive use of SMF SSI, hopefully meaning he isn't doing any real changes to the core files.

According to the news on the front page of the site, a script handling the porting of pre-existing SMF members to Mambo is current in progress, and is "working" (though not yet ready for real use).

I think anyone who is interested in this should go visit and check it out if you haven't done so already.

Regards,
Brat.

[Unknown]

He has actually posted this here, and I've asked him about it and maybe making it a bit more official ;).

-[Unknown]

neo

Quote from: Brat on April 28, 2004, 02:56:20 AM

According to the news on the front page of the site, a script handling the porting of pre-existing SMF members to Mambo is current in progress, and is "working" (though not yet ready for real use).
:D :D :D

my Mambo + SMF (iframe  ::)  )
www.boehsebaeren.de
Die dunkle Seite der Unterhaltung,
Quoten mit Idioten, der Tod kommt nach Haus'.
Feige Medien, angepasster Meinungsterror.
Unerträgliches, gestellter Applaus.
Bridge:

Analysen - ersetzt durch Emotionen,
Futter für Voyeure, verarschung für Millionen.

ms_ukyankee

They're both really impressive. Wow. I'd switch plans to use Mambo instead of phpnuke, the thing that put me off about Mambo was the big flower icons, and orange. Small minded, but there ya go. ;) Following this with great interest.
SMF since 2004 <3

Room11

Mambo seems like a great choice.
I once tried Php_Nuke with PBBB and it was ****** :'( (exceuse language :P)

When is the mambo portal going to be written?
Nothing is Impossible
Room 11 Designs

Brat

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 28, 2004, 04:10:01 AM
He has actually posted this here, and I've asked him about it and maybe making it a bit more official ;).

-[Unknown]

Whoops!  :-[

Still, this news is so good it needs to be mentioned twice!  :P

Sorry... overly giddy. Just so exciting that we will finally have a great CMS merged with a truly great forum software package.   ;)

[now proceeds to do the llama happy dance]

Regards,
Brat.

Brat

Quote from: Room11 on April 28, 2004, 12:47:21 PM
Mambo seems like a great choice.
I once tried Php_Nuke with PBBB and it was ****** :'( (exceuse language :P)

When is the mambo portal going to be written?

Mambo portal is written. ;)

The official home site for the portal system is http://www.mamboserver.com. There is also a huge user community and you can probably find darn near every answer to every question you have about Mambo there.

Regards,
Brat.

Thunderace

Blatant bump!!

I'm building a Mambo site and am a 2 year convert to YABBSE/now SMF I won't publish my site until I have a fully integrated (via module) SMF forum ...

Any news guys?

whiterabbit

Thanks Brat
It's one of my experiments ;D
It's working pretty OK now, so I might be able to release an alpha version soon
Thanks to SMF beta5, it already fixed some problems I was planning to fix.  ;)

I agree Mambo is great and have future.. Let's see when 4.6 release how much change it would be.
One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all

elvensage

I'm working on porting SMF to work with Mambo as well.  I'm getting pretty far with it, but I'm not going to be releasing it.  Not because I'm cold and heartless, but because I'm just coding it to work with my site, and would have no plans of updating it and supporting it.  :)  Just wanted to let you all know that I have found the power of Mambo, and I've known the power of YabbSE for a long time... it's great to see that we can get them working together :)

Thunderace

Quotebut because I'm just coding it to work with my site, and would have no plans of updating it and supporting it. 

Ok .. well maybe you could help the guys here who are modding from scratch .. I'm sure you must have overcome some obvious problems that may help them out???

elvensage

Possibly.  What problems are you guys currently having?  Mine isnt fully working, but I habe it sharing data alright.  If you all working on the project want some help, I can offer some.  I just dont have the time to support and help others with what I write (nor am I very good with that kind of thing)  :P

whiterabbit

>> elvensage

A link to your web site would be nice, so I may get more idea what I should do more ;)

Cheers,

elvensage

My website isnt the Mambo/SMF integration, because it's not even close to being as finished as I want.  The Mambo/SMF integration is something I'm playing with on my home computer.  I help you with it if you'd like, maybe join your dev team.  I would like to test what you have done so far though.

whiterabbit

Thank you elvensage, :D

If you want to see how it's going, you are welcome to visit my experimental site anytime :)
The link was in brat post and also in my topic on showcase board.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=8832.0

Cheers,

Brat

For anyone who has been following this...

the ALPHA version of the now-famous ( ;D) SMF Mambo component is available. Here is the thread explaining the guidelines:

http://www.magnificentworld.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=30?topic=15.new;boardseen#new

As soon as I've had enough sleep and can trust myself to pay attention, I am going to participate. I strongly encourage everyone who can to likewise do so. The more testers, the faster bugs will be found, and the better this component will be.

Regards,
Brat.

Thunderace

Apologies to Whiterabbit.

This worked "out of the box"

The problems I encountered were due to me running 2 seperate DBs (Doh)

Soon to be beta I recon as Alpha testers are not seeing problems

stingrey

All this integration work is great to read.

Im a mambo evangalist and a heavy poster on the mambo forums and I am gratified to read that the SMF devs are supporting or at least encouraging this development.

I am looking for a forum for my site hxxp:www.stingrey.biz [nonactive] to handle support for my mambo addons and I am very much liking the look of SMF.
With integration into Mambo it would be the #1 forum choice for mambo users.

BTW what editor do you use for SMF, it looks awesome, seomthing we could use in Mambo and noticed in works in firefox
Rey Gigataras
----------------------------------
Mambo Development Team
[ Maintenance Team Leader ]
[ Forum Administrator ]

Oldiesmann

Looks good... Now you need to convince the Mambo developers to use SMF :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: