News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[BETA] SMF 1.1 RC2 Converter - Including update for vB 3.5

Started by Grudge, January 13, 2006, 05:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBGamesCone

Quote from: J J Williams on August 23, 2006, 04:26:33 PM
Try running it again and when you see substep in the address, put 11 :P

No need, I got the updated convert.php file from the thread in this forum and it corrected that issue. I just think a "broken" converter on the main dls page will deter some would be users of SMF that aren't saavy enough to come in here and find updated files.

Rifle

Sorry I don't have time to read through all 13 pages of this but I don't believe this has been addressed:

When converting from e107 v0.7.5 the page counts of post appear to be screwed up:
Original: http://hazardaaclan.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?2339 [nofollow]
SMF Conversion: http://hazardaaclan.com/smf/index.php?topic=2339.0 [nofollow]

Obviously the page count is incorrect. If you could get this fixed many thanks!
[nofollow]

JayBachatero

Cant see the page since guest access is disabled.  Did you try a recount of stats?  Admin > Forum Maintenance > Recount...
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Rifle

Quote from: Jay The Code Monkey on August 29, 2006, 11:27:14 PM
Cant see the page since guest access is disabled.  Did you try a recount of stats?  Admin > Forum Maintenance > Recount...

Thanks... Should of looked first, but the 200+ reported pages on each topic kind of scared me :)
[nofollow]

Pedja

I am trying to convert phpbb2 forum to SMF. More or less everiything went ok (i downloaded convert utility from site, and after dealign with some bugs i managed to end conversion). Then i found out that there is fixed version of convert utility on forum. I guess, someone should set fixxed version on official download site.

Well, i have one main problem. My phpbb forum worked using UTF-8. While installing SMF i specified that i want UTF-8. All messages are converted with UTF-8 sharacters messed out. All of the message writeen in cyrillic are unreadable now.

What can I do to fix this?

Pedja

Thanks. In menatime I managed to do it on myself and without additional tools.

Trick was to install SMF without UTF-8 support, then convert phpBB2 to SMF and after that activate conversion using SMF Admin / Foum Maintenance / Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters .

Everything went OK and all messages are readable now.

Pedja

I found another bug in converfetrr for phpbb2. When personal messages are converted smf_pm_recipients filed lables is empty. Thus allpersonal messages are presented as belonging to nonexistant label. This field should by default have value of -1 so personal messages would be shown in Inbox.

I fixed this by simple SQL...

UPDATE osmf_pm_recipients SET labels = -1

.. but this should be foxed in covert.php.

Person

Quote from: Pedja on September 22, 2006, 01:17:40 PM
I found another bug in converfetrr for phpbb2. When personal messages are converted smf_pm_recipients filed lables is empty. Thus allpersonal messages are presented as belonging to nonexistant label. This field should by default have value of -1 so personal messages would be shown in Inbox.

I fixed this by simple SQL...

UPDATE osmf_pm_recipients SET labels = -1

.. but this should be foxed in covert.php.

Here is the latest converter ... http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=107868.msg738192#msg738192

dzembak

Thank you! Works fine for me!!! :)

Successfully converted IPB 2.1.3 to SMF 1.1 RC2

dzembak

I was thinking that everything is fine till I try to administrate SMF board.

Whatever I`ve tried to change, ends with error :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/dzembak/public_html/yrv/forums/Settings.php on line 30

J. Williams

Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Advertisement: