News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Integrate Joomla and SMF Login. Module Error HELP PLZ

Started by cornelp, January 14, 2006, 10:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornelp

Hello. I have tried to search the forum for this issue of mine, but seems that I cant find anything on it. I have Joomla 1.03 installed. Have SMF 1.05 installed. Downloaded the bridge that correcponds with SMF 1.05 from the thread below/above, and followed the instructions. Forums installed good, no errors, Joomla working like a charm.
Installed the Login Module, make the changes to the Index.php of the template file as per instructions.
Published the login module and un-publish the Joomla one.
Tried to go and login to the site and this is what I get:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.katina/cornelp/intertwinearts.com/CMS/modules/mod_smf_login.php on line 19

I am already logon. I guess the cookies. So I wanted to logoff Joomla. When I click the logoff button this is what I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare md5_hmac() (previously declared in /home/.katina/cornelp/intertwinearts.com/CMS/Forum/Sources/Load.php:210) in /home/.katina/cornelp/intertwinearts.com/CMS/Forum/Sources/MOS_SMF.php on line 502

What am I doing wrong? I really need help on this one guys. I been trying to setup SMF and Joomla and COppermine for last 2 weeks and still having issues.

PLEASE PLEASE any help I very very much appreciate it.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH.

www.intertwinearts.com/CMS
www.intertwinearts.com/CMS/Forum

If U need a test logon I can do one no problem. Whatever is needed, please help.

Orstio

First, this:

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare md5_hmac() (previously declared in /home/.katina/cornelp/intertwinearts.com/CMS/Forum/Sources/Load.php:210) in /home/.katina/cornelp/intertwinearts.com/CMS/Forum/Sources/MOS_SMF.php on line 502

indicates that you have installed the wrong version of the bridge for your forum.

You need this one:

http://mamboforge.net/frs/download.php/6472/MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable.zip

This:

QuoteWarning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.katina/cornelp/intertwinearts.com/CMS/modules/mod_smf_login.php on line 19

Probably means that you have SMF and Joomla in separate databases, and did not do this:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=63187.msg437146#msg437146

cornelp

Orstio, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Since its a new installation of Coppermine and SMF, I went ahead and deleted the forums and downloaded the latest version of SMF. ALso downloaded the bridge that u put up on the forums that consists of all the necessary files to bridge all 3 together. I have a few short and simple questions PLEASE:
I went ahead and installed the SMF forums in the same database as the Joomla CMS database. I could not add the same users to each of the packages (Joomla and SMF). I tried it in my CPanel and just wont allow me. I know some said U can contact your web provider for it, but by the time they would have gotten back it would be next christmas again, lol.
If I put both SMF and Joomla in the same database would that slow down the site (response wise)?
Now that I have all 3 software working properly (CPG 1.42 SMF and Joomla), how can I add the users that I already have in Joomla to SMF, so that Coppermine can read them? I have a few users in Joomla already that been there for last few months now, and want to add them to SMF. When I create a new user, it adds it to the SMF already (tested and works), but it will not show the current already registered users. I found a small component in Mambo site to move the users, but I tried it and wont work cause its really made for Mambo and not Joomla. Can I do some sort of SQL Command from MySQL main system to copy all the users from one users table to another? THis is I really need, as I dont want the users to RE-REGISTER AGAIN just to have SMF and Coppermine access.

Again I thank you for your time, U are great, everything works like a charm (still want them users moved over).

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH...

iceberg

Quote from: Orstio on January 15, 2006, 08:01:46 AM
First, this:

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare md5_hmac() (previously declared in /home/.katina/cornelp/intertwinearts.com/CMS/Forum/Sources/Load.php:210) in /home/.katina/cornelp/intertwinearts.com/CMS/Forum/Sources/MOS_SMF.php on line 502

indicates that you have installed the wrong version of the bridge for your forum.

You need this one:

http://mamboforge.net/frs/download.php/6472/MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable.zip

This:

QuoteWarning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.katina/cornelp/intertwinearts.com/CMS/modules/mod_smf_login.php on line 19

Probably means that you have SMF and Joomla in separate databases, and did not do this:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=63187.msg437146#msg437146

this helped me yesterday but now i'm stuck in my new topic - thanks for all the info and help!

cornelp

Orstio, I spoke too soon. Seems that I am having a small problem, perhaps U or someone will be able to help me PLEASE. Everything seemed to work OK, but after a while 1 hour or so, I went ahead and tried to logon again with same ID as before, but this time no errors no nothing, but it will NOT LOG ME IN. I tried every ID I setup including Admin ID and nothing, no logon. That is from Joomla Logon, which I published the SMF Logon one and un-publish the Joomla one.
Now, if I go directly into the forums and login there, works no problem. If I go to Coppermine and logon there no problems, everything good. If I logon to either one of the 2, and then redirect my browser to my home Joomla page, I am logon as that user. When I try to logoff thru Joomla, I cant.

What I do wrong? Something I messed up? I dont understand

Here is a test ID.
www.intertwinearts.com/CMS                               Joomla
www.intertwinearts.com/CMS/Coppermine           Coppermine
www.intertwinearts.com/CMS/Forum                    SMF

logon
User ID: gallery
Password: gallery

I dont know why this is happening. Worked like a charm for the few mins after I did the setup, but no more.

Plz Plz anyone hlp me with this. Been at it for like 2 weeks now.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Orstio

http://www.intertwinearts.com/CMS

The login module you have there looks like it is from the SMF 1.1 RC2 bridge.  You'll need to delete that and install the module from step 4 of the 3.19a bridge.

Also this:

http://www.intertwinearts.com/CMS/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,63/

Returns this error:

QuoteYou are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login.

Which means that you have the menu item for the forum set to "Registered", which doesn't work.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

Ah.  OK, I missed that.  Then the only problem is the "Registered" menu item.

cornelp

Thankx to both of U. I put the registered component to Public. Meanwhile, I made a booboo and like a morron I tried to enter the Joomla Users into SMF thru the SQL Panel. I exported the table from Joomla Jos_Users and imported into smf_Members. Once I did that, now I getting an error "Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again." I messed up again i guess, so now I gonna go ahead and delete the forums again and reinstall it, as I cannot login at all with any ID now.

Guess next time I will backup the databases, lol.

Thankx guys for your help. Gonna do that now, unless u know of a way around it? I tried to empty out the Members table, and still get the same error. I guess I messed up the table.

Thankx to both of U. Gonna see now to reinstall SMF and then figure out a way to get the users into SMF from Joomla.

I tried that MostoSMF php file, but I get errors when I try that one. Some unhandled error from this line in mostosmf.php file

"while ($jos_row = mysql_fetch_array($jos_result,MYSQL_NUM)) {"

From what I understand that is something to do with PHP Version on the webhost, but i could be wrong.

Thankx

Orstio

QuoteI getting an error "Password security has recently been upgraded.

This is perfectly normal for users migrated from Joomla to SMF.  Just enter your username and password, and your SMF password will be updated.

cornelp

Thankx for the quick reply, I much apprecaite it. I tried that, and no matter how many times i try to enter the ID and password just keeps coming back with the same error. I since then deleted the forums and redid it. Seems that it works now without any issues, but I am gonna wait bout 1 hour and see if I get the same Denied error as before, just to make sure. Now if U can help me with the user, then heck I buy U a 12 pak, and mail it to U, lol.

If not I guess I can export the tables with user ID and password only and try that and see what happens.
Just found that the webhost sql is 4.14.

Thankx for all guys, I much appreciate it. Now to test these user transfer and see if I can do it.

Thankx

Orstio

You need to migrate users from Mambo to SMF?

The bridge will take care of that, when the users login.

cornelp

So whenever a current user logon to the system in Joomla, SMF will copy his ID and put it in SMF Members table. OK I will wait and see what happens. THankx for your help VERY VERY MUCH, I much appreciate it

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, U GUY ARE THE BEST. BEEN WORKIN ON THIS THING FOR 3 WEEKS NOW AND FINALLY GOT IT.

THANK YOU THANK YOU...

Orstio

QuoteSo whenever a current user logon to the system in Joomla, SMF will copy his ID and put it in SMF Members table.

Yes, but just so you are aware, they will be faced with a message the very first time they attempt to login:

Password security has recently been upgraded.  Please login again.

This is perfectly normal, and facilitates SMF to convert the Joomla password to the SMF hash.  It should happen only the very first time they login.

Advertisement: