FlashChat Integration with 1.1.1 Final, 1.1RC3 & 1.1RC2 Default Theme

Started by Simplemachines Cowboy, January 18, 2006, 10:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simplemachines Cowboy

Ahh, I saw $scripturl in the function Who() area, and didn't see the actions one.

Added it and it works great now.
My SMF forum: The Open Range

^DooM^

Sweet. ;)

You may want to add that to your 'howto' as well. I must of added that $scripturl to the global when I integrated the arcade.

Glad its working now.
Never argue with an idiot, they will simply bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

djcrash

Hi cowboy,

I,m new at this what the meaning of, MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE "YOURDATABASENAME_FC_CONNECTIONS" TO THE PROPER PATH!

Is it mysql database name?

*for example : djcrash_1

or do i need to add the djcrash_FC_Connection

Sorry to trouble you, my english is limited. Thank you
DJ Crash

^DooM^

dj.

When you installed SMF it adds whats called a prefix to the database table names so you can use a single database for more than one application.

If you installed SMF with default values and installed flashchat with the same prefix as SMF then 'YOURDATABASENAME_FC_CONNECTIONS' would most likely be 'smf_fc_connections'.

If you download and install phpMyAdmin you will be able to see exactly what your table names are.

HTH

-Jon.
Never argue with an idiot, they will simply bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Simplemachines Cowboy

Yep,
fc_connections is the flashchat portion of the database name.
Your database has a name, and you would put it in front of fc_connections.

Like this: ***_fc_connections

Where *** is your database prefix name.

djcrash

DJ Crash

tosp2

I recently re-installed Flashchat onto my forum and I followed the directions to get it up and running, although I had to make a few minor changes due to the fact that I use a custom theme, but now my error log is being littered with a bunch of errors and I dont know how to fix it.  Here is what I am getting:

8: Undefined index: chat
File: /home/usr/public_html/forum/Themes/igoh11rc2/BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)
Line: 614

File: /home/usr/public_html/forum/Themes/igoh11rc2/Display.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/usr/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (eval?)

It looks like it isnt recognizing chat, but yet my chatroom works great!   Can anyone tell me how to fix these?  How do I "define" this index?  Im just not sure what code I need to add/remove/change, etc.  Thanks!

^DooM^

Please attach your boardindex.template to a post and I will look at it for you.

CrayZ

Hello and thank you for this oportunity that you guys geaving us.

I have a simple question.

1 user in 1 room --- where I can find those words to translate them into another language.

Thank you.

Simplemachines Cowboy

It's in the flashchat files.
Near the bottom of info.embedded.php.
I've colored it red below:

Quote<p class=normal><?php echo $usernumb ?> user<?php if ($usernumb != 1) echo "s" ?> in <?php echo $roomnumb ?> room<?php if ($roomnumb != 1) echo "s"; ?>.</p>
<ul id="roomList">
<?php if($roomnumb) { ?>
      <?php foreach($rooms as $room) { ?>
            <li><strong><a href="#" onclick="javascript:toggleUserList('room_<?php echo $room['id']?>')"><?php echo $room['name']?> (<?php echo numusers($room['id']) ?>)</a></strong>
            <?php

$users = usersinroom($room['id']);
                                        if ($users) {
                                          echo "<ul class=\"userList\" id=\"room_".$room['id']."\">";
                                          foreach( $users as $user ) {
                   echo "<li>".$user['login'] . "</li>";
                 }
                                          echo "</ul>";
                                        }

?> </li>
      <?php } ?>
<?php } ?>
</ul>

</body>
</html>

CrayZ

Thanks a lot Simplemachines Cowboy I could not have done that without your help.

Thanks again  :)

unrelenting

I posted this in the 1.0 thread so I will repost it here since I use 1.1 RC2. It probably doesn't make any difference but just in case:

What do I need to change in the flashchat code to display users display name rather than their member name. Some people have since changed their display name and no one knows them as their original registered name.

I know you just change a variable in smf but how and where do I change it in flashchat to achieve this result?

Anyone?

^DooM^

in smfCMS2.php in your inc/cmses dir change this line

$this->getUserStmt   = new Statement("SELECT ID_MEMBER AS id, memberName AS login, ID_GROUP as status, gender, additionalGroups FROM {$GLOBALS['db_prefix']}members WHERE ID_MEMBER=? LIMIT 1");

to

$this->getUserStmt   = new Statement("SELECT ID_MEMBER AS id, realName AS login, realName AS realName, ID_GROUP as status, gender, additionalGroups FROM {$GLOBALS['db_prefix']}members WHERE ID_MEMBER=? LIMIT 1");

then comment out or remove this block of code in inc/classes/chatServer.php

if(isset($_SESSION['fc_users_cache'][$userid]))
{
    return $_SESSION['fc_users_cache'][$userid];
}

I am pretty sure this was all I changed on my chat system to do what you want. ( I have slept since then ;D )

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers!

unrelenting

^DooM^

nosferatu

Hello all. I've installed the rc3 upgrade and very good it is. However, I had integrated FlashChat with rc2 and now that I've tried to reinstall the integration I just get a white screen (although the loading bar states that the page has loaded, the forum doesn't appear). The flashchat prog works fine in isolation but the instructions here don't seem to work. Is this upgrade compatible with FlashChat? The problem is with the index.template file as when that is edited as instructed, the white screen appears.

Many thanks

N
There's a certain joy in being mad that only madmen know

^DooM^

A white screen sounds to me like a parse error. Check your error logs and see what the error is and on what line of what file. That should help you locate the issue.

G6™

FlashChat works just as fine on my site after upgrade as before, no problems what so ever with the bridge or the integration from this thread.

rigoli

Quote from: nosferatu on August 24, 2006, 12:35:53 PM
Hello all. I've installed the rc3 upgrade and very good it is. However, I had integrated FlashChat with rc2 and now that I've tried to reinstall the integration I just get a white screen (although the loading bar states that the page has loaded, the forum doesn't appear). The flashchat prog works fine in isolation but the instructions here don't seem to work. Is this upgrade compatible with FlashChat? The problem is with the index.template file as when that is edited as instructed, the white screen appears.

Many thanks

N

Hello,

I get similar error and I've already posted a thread, but I guess that nobody doesn't know what's wrong. Here's the post: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=109124.0

Would be great it anyone could help us with this.

Regards

unrelenting

Quote from: rigoli on August 27, 2006, 12:00:29 PM
Quote from: nosferatu on August 24, 2006, 12:35:53 PM

Many thanks

N

Hello,

I get similar error and I've already posted a thread, but I guess that nobody doesn't know what's wrong. Here's the post: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=109124.0

Would be great it anyone could help us with this.

Regards

It might be good to have this answer in here as it would be easy to find. Here is the reply by Thantos that corrected this problem that was created by an upgrade from 1.1 RC2 to 1.1RC3:

Quote from: Thantos on August 27, 2006, 02:22:34 PM
Ok try this:
Code (QueryString.php) Select

// Same goes for numeric keys.
foreach (array_merge(array_keys($_REQUEST), array_keys($_COOKIE), array_keys($_FILES)) as $key)
if (is_numeric($key))
die('Invalid request variable.');

Comment it out by putting /* before it and */ after it.  Like this:

/*
// Same goes for numeric keys.
foreach (array_merge(array_keys($_REQUEST), array_keys($_COOKIE), array_keys($_FILES)) as $key)
if (is_numeric($key))
die('Invalid request variable.');
*/

There is only one other spot where it'll say Invalid request variable and if it does it there you don't want to be using that mod IMO.

Advertisement: