sql syntax error?

Started by llitten, January 24, 2006, 09:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llitten

I created a new, empty, board.

I go to view the empty board, and I get this error.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1, 2)' at line 3
File: /home/masterte/public_html/smf/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 102

a bit clueless here.

kegobeer

What SMF version are you running?  Since you posted in the portals board, what portal/bridge are you using?
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Bigguy

I just created a forum on my personal server running off my computer. The forum was smf 1.1 RC2 I have had a forum running on there (same version) for awhile. I went to reinstall the forum and it did no problem. I deleted the board that was on the forum after install and created a new catagory and a new forum. When I go into this new forum (thread) I get the same error.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1, 2)' at line 3
File: C:\Documents and Settings\bigguy\Desktop\netserver\www\Sources\MessageIndex.php
Line: 102

I dont have a bridge of any kind installed either. Here is what my personal server is running.

Apache/2.0.54 (Win32)
- mod_perl/1.99_16
- Perl/v5.8.6
- PHP/4.4.0
- PHP/5.0.4
- mod_ssl/2.0.54
- OpenSSL/0.9.7g
- MySQL 4.1.14 - updated
- Filezilla FTP server 0.9.10a - updated
- hMailServer 4.1 build 136 - updated

EDIT: I just recounted all forum totals in the matenance section of the cp and now the board works fine.

llitten

Regarding the sytax error... I had deleted the main forum board, and started another one without anything in it.

upon populating this one via an sql statement (found somewhere on this site..sorry its not in front of me)

so..everything is solved.

JayBachatero

Quote from: Grudge on January 01, 2006, 05:33:26 AM
Bugger, that's a bug.

Seems to be that maxMsgID is getting lost somewhere. Can you do this in phpMyAdmin:

REPLACE INTO smf_settings (variable, value) VALUES ('maxMsgID', 1);

Once you have one post in your board this will go away.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: