News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Korean Language packet

Started by internetbrother, January 29, 2006, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

internetbrother

Ok regarding Korean language I have many questions.

First of all I need to know this

supposing I translate the language files and  smf is updated!
How can I tell what more items I have to translate  will I be notified?

Daniel D.

Sorry to say that, but I don't get what you want. :-\ If you know that you've to translate all files, where is the problem?

I'm trying to answer your question: There are 25 files, they all have names so that you can see to which area in SMF they belong. There are NO specific files for admins and users because there are strings which will be displayed to users, others to admins. If there are updates, the new strings will be marked with "//Untranslated!" so that you can easily find the new ones if you're able to handle the search function in a text editor.
On the one hand you can make a diff between your translated files and the new english ones or you can use a sync tool I sent to the translators few days ago. If you want it, just write it in this topic and you'll get it. :)

gri

Quote from: Daniel D. on January 29, 2006, 05:32:32 PM
you can use a sync tool I sent to the translators few days ago.
If you want it, just write it in this topic and you'll get it. :)

Daniel D.,

please send me a sync tool too.

internetbrother

Quote from: Daniel D. on January 29, 2006, 05:32:32 PM
Sorry to say that, but I don't get what you want. :-\ If you know that you've to translate all files, where is the problem?

I'm trying to answer your question: There are 25 files, they all have names so that you can see to which area in SMF they belong. There are NO specific files for admins and users because there are strings which will be displayed to users, others to admins. If there are updates, the new strings will be marked with "//Untranslated!" so that you can easily find the new ones if you're able to handle the search function in a text editor.
On the one hand you can make a diff between your translated files and the new english ones or you can use a sync tool I sent to the translators few days ago. If you want it, just write it in this topic and you'll get it. :)

Ok please send me the tool. and let me know how I should start.
Also If I translate will a link to my site added to the foot of users' pages and does that have the same legal effect as a copy right?

On the other hand if I am going to translate you wont give the same project to some body else at the same time right?

thanks

Daniel D.

Quote from: internetbrother on January 30, 2006, 02:15:13 AM
Ok please send me the tool. and let me know how I should start.
Will send it.

QuoteAlso If I translate will a link to my site added to the foot of users' pages and does that have the same legal effect as a copy right?
Please read the Translation FAQ for credits informations.

QuoteOn the other hand if I am going to translate you wont give the same project to some body else at the same time right?
Yes, but I can't forbid other people to do it. If I list you as the Korean translator, I won't publish any other files (you can work in a team for sure!!) - it would be nice if you keep me informed about the status (not daily, only if I ask) or changes regarding the translation. :)

internetbrother

ok I am interested. I have a web promotion company in Korea. I will ask my designer to handle the translation as well. Am very busy but want to this project. It will take me some time ofcourse
your translations are huge :)

Daniel D.

Please PM me an email address.

internetbrother

ok I sent you my email address.

Now that this topic is about korean language, let me take this chance and let you know about opportunities in korea.
unfortunately korean people are not familiar with phpbb nor smf.
They use their own forum software specially made for koreans.
The most popular one is  Zeroboard which I do not think it is as good as phpbb or smf but
koreans have got used to it and they get lost and find it difficult to use smf or phpbb.
I have a web promotion company in korea, let's try promoting this good software :)

internetbrother

Quote from: Daniel D. on January 31, 2006, 06:46:55 AM
Please PM me an email address.

I sent you my email address, I want to start immediately please let me know

emre_88

Is there anything new about korean language pack
i am looking forward to it!

yhchong

I also would like to know whether there has been any progress in the Korean language pack.

If there has not been any progress. I might be interested in taking this task.

Dannii

I haven't heard of any progress. You are free to start working on a translation if you would like.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

chitgoks

a korean language pack for this would be great. i prefer this forum than ??secret?? because the layout is great.  

Advertisement: