News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

LiveJournal Mod

Started by TheGamer, July 31, 2005, 03:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

raven....  what are you talking about??????

You want the live journal mod to be available to the users on your system... Correct?

if so:
1) Download the mod package
2) Go to your site admin, package manager and upload the package.
3) In the package manager, after upload, click Apply Mod
4) enter any FTP info (if required), verfiy that the mod will install correctly and click Proceed
5) The mod is now installed for all of the users on your site.
(#5 assumes that you are using the default theme. If you are using a different theme, some manual installation may be required)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

1MileCrash

this is what raven means, he/she is really confused

Raven wants to know if uploading this through the package manager on his/her forum will add it to the "List" to everyone elses package manager.

Raven- this "List" is not important at all. It's just some of the most popular packages convieniently in a list in your admin interface. It has no say what-so-ever in what mods you can and cant install via the package manager.. Installing a mod from that list is *no different* from downloading one from here and uploading it to the package manager. Ignore the list. It's the exact same thing, just with a download link in a different place.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

^Raven^

Hi Tippmaster.  Yeah, I want the LJ Mod to be in that list.  There's a lot of people, myself included until before today, who only use the Package Manager to install mods.  There's also a lot of people who don't know you can DL the zip for a mod and then upload it via the Package Manager so that you don't have to do a manual installation.

That's why I want this mod in the list.  My friend Gamer here did it and did a nice job and I'd like it to have the fair chance of as wide a distribution as possible.  That's all.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

Kindred

Raven....

You are very confused.

You can not add anything to the general package manager package servers.

The SMF Package server is handled by the SMF team. All the mods on this site eventually get added to the package server, but it is not up to you to add them.
(especially since you seem to have no idea how the system works)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

^Raven^

Kindred I am going to politely ask you to step back.  Your last post was received with a very insulting tone, which I do not appreciate. 

I sought assistance on a matter, which others were helping me on.  Then you provided additional, yet unsolicited, information.  I appreciate your eagerness to please but your bedside manner is less than satisfactory in regards to me.  Thank you.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

dtm.exe

Quote from: ^Raven^ on August 10, 2005, 03:03:54 PM
Kindred I am going to politely ask you to step back.  Your last post was received with a very insulting tone, which I do not appreciate. 

I sought assistance on a matter, which others were helping me on.  Then you provided additional, yet unsolicited, information.  I appreciate your eagerness to please but your bedside manner is less than satisfactory in regards to me.  Thank you.

All he said was "You are very confused."

-Dan The Man

modtang

Wow, Dan. Thanks so much for doing that. :D

Couple of points to make...

(1) In modification.xml there is a 'LiveJournal' instead of a 'MySpace'.

<operation>
<!-- Search for this text before the code we add.  You can also search for after, and the end of the file. -->
<search position="before"><![CDATA[<td><input type="text" name="websiteUrl" size="50" value="', $context['member']['website']['url'], '" /></td>]]></search>
<!-- Add this text when we find it.  Note that it's on it's own line on purpose, and the CDATA keeps things clean. -->
<add><![CDATA[</tr><tr>
<td><b>Live Journal: </b></td> <td><input type="text" name="default_options[MySpace]" size="50" value="', @$context['member']['options']['MySpace'], '" /></td>

]]></add>
</operation>

(2) If you're using a non-default theme you will need to upload MySpace.gif into the image directory of the theme you are using.

(3) Dan, would it be possible to make it so that if someone views your profile (http://url/index.php?action=profile) that the MySpace username was also a link?

Thanks again. My users are gonna love this. Another suggestion: How about one for Last.fm, formerly Audioscrobbler (if/when you have the time)?  8)

Insane Ninja

i rewrote both mods,
.compensating for tab spacing,
.repairing all the different little problems with word placement,
.and livejournal's problem that it would conflict with the origional mod it was based on..
.and other such things such as adding fields for usernames and such,
.and simple language support

i was deciding if i should submit them on the site if theres still interest...

i also happened to make extra graphics for both the myspace and livejournal mods, based on the "simple mini black" button set (Link)

^Raven^

I think it'd be awesome for you to upload those and to also work with the original mod creator for future versions.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

pistola

I'm not entirely sure if this is where I post this, but:

I am running into an error while trying to apply the mod in the package manager. Executing the modification on ./Themes/default/Display.template.php is failing. Is there a problem with it?

Advertisement: