MessagePreview Inline

Started by snork13, February 03, 2006, 12:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snork13

Link to Mod

This will add the first message in a post below the topic! A message preview inline!

Example:

Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

balzizras

Just installed it with no problem.

Cool mod. Thanks for it.

Jeremiah
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks. - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

trenchteam

My members love it. Very nice mod.  See it in action at www.shoyoroll.com/forum

Sava

daragor

Webscom: Wordpress + SMF
Software Libre, Noticias y Entretenimiento.-

Skipdawg

Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

Sava

I'd apriciate it I could do the same in recent posts - inline preview of the post.

statornic

Anyone know why after I install the mod, the tables inside the board are deformed ? Now the column where is located "Starded by" and the column for time of latest post is larger than "Subject". In "Subject" column where are printed the first words form topic is smaller than the others "Last post", "Started by".

Is there a way to put more space in this column (for topic words) instead the other two columns ?

statornic

:P
It's ok.. I find the code in this file: BoardIndex.template.php and I edit him.

DavidDM

Does this mod run under RC3??  ???

sanax

I'm trying to get support on this mod! Hope someone can help... I've send a PM to the creator with no response. Why does this mod not prevent long URL's distort the forum? Most of my members post long URL links in the first topic which distorts the MessageIndex page...

snork13

Quote from: sanax on December 18, 2006, 05:23:45 AM
I'm trying to get support on this mod! Hope someone can help... I've send a PM to the creator with no response. Why does this mod not prevent long URL's distort the forum? Most of my members post long URL links in the first topic which distorts the MessageIndex page...

is it only in firefox that is happens, the text should wrap as in the example.
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

sanax

Hi snork!... Thanks for your kind response!... to be honest, this one of the best mods on SMF and I need it like cocaine!!... lol

It happens in all major browsers. For some reason the code doesn't rap a long URL and it distorts the Message page. It works great with 'normal' messages. I tried the 'Break up words' function aswell but it's not functioning in my SMF forums. Hope you can help me.

snork13

Quote from: sanax on December 18, 2006, 02:33:24 PM
Hi snork!... Thanks for your kind response!... to be honest, this one of the best mods on SMF and I need it like cocaine!!... lol

It happens in all major browsers. For some reason the code doesn't rap a long URL and it distorts the Message page. It works great with 'normal' messages. I tried the 'Break up words' function aswell but it's not functioning in my SMF forums. Hope you can help me.

can you pm, or post a link so i can check this out.  thanks
Mods

sanax

Here is a link to a test form.

http://xxxxxxxx.com/aok-forum/index.php?board=1.0

As you can see it causes a scroll bar at the bottom. I tested this one in IE. I don't not have TinyPortal installed on this forum otherwise the problem is even worse with TinyPOrtal

(Edited) Tested in Firefox and it does the same

sanax

I noticed that IE attemps to rap the long URL but not very succsessful though. I see what you mean within Firefox. The latter posts it in one line and worsen the problem

snork13

Quote from: sanax on December 18, 2006, 03:14:25 PM
I noticed that IE attemps to rap the long URL but not very succsessful though. I see what you mean within Firefox. The latter posts it in one line and worsen the problem

i added some css just playing around...i would like to get a function to strip the characters and wrap them. for now here my css fix fwiw...

http://www.snork13.net/smf11/index.php?board=1.0
Mods

sanax

Thanks snork. That seems to be a solution for now. Can you give me some guidelines in how to make the changes to my css? lol

I see you added the scrollbar

(Edited) I tried the following without succsess:

Quotepre, code {overflow: auto}

sanax

I've been adding the following in the style.css

overflow: auto;
width: 200px;

It only rezises the small text in the TPortal and not the topic subject like yours.

snork13

i put it inline, using the style="overflow:auto; width: 500px;">the rest</div>

i'll give it full look this weekend, my week is busy with the holidays and all.
Mods

Advertisement: