Help With Avatar Display

Started by Dark Wolf, February 19, 2006, 04:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Wolf

Well yea Im not really good with php, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im running 1.1 rc2 with a theme called Neptune.

The problem we are having is that our avatars have scroll bars underneath them (when we use a template that has a side bar). Is there anyway to edit a theme to get rid of the scroll bars so that it could show the full avatar??

Thanks.

forsakenlad

First copy your Display.template.php from the default theme folder to the Neptune theme folder, open it up and search for:

<div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;">', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '</div><br />';

And replace it with:

<div style="overflow: hidden; width: 100%;">', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '</div><br />';

Hope it helps ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Dark Wolf

Thanks, but it still doesnt show the whole avatars (120 or above in width), although the bar is gone. Any idea of what to edit to make the avatar space fixed (so the bar that holds the avatar doesnt change width with the size of window)?

forsakenlad

Yep this code is used to hide them. What is your max avatar size set to?

Dark Wolf

forsakenlad

Ok search for this in your Display.template.php:

<div style="overflow: hidden; width: 100%;">', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '</div><br />';

And replace it with this:

<div style="overflow: hidden; width: 160px; height: 160px;">', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '</div><br />';

Dark Wolf

Thanks man youve helped a ton!!

One last question for ya tho m8,

I was changing the content area (moving it away from the avatars on the left) which also fixed the avatar problem, but for some reason the content (the words) inside a post get cut off at the end...they dont wrap around to the next line when they reach the end... thus it cuts off a few words per line.

forsakenlad

What exactly do you mean by content area?

Dark Wolf

You know when you post a message on the board and the text wraps around to the next line when it reaches the end, well its not wrapping down at the end.. it cuts off 1 or two words, and i have no idea what part to edit to make it wrap.. here is a picture:

As you can see the words to the right are cut off.

Dark Wolf

Maybe it would be easier if I re did it from the beginning.... I reuploaded the original which is back to the beginning, only I used the code you recommended, but this is the problem Im still having:

(The avatar doesnt have the scroll bar, yet it doesnt show the full avatar)
sorry bout asking for so much help man :S

Dark Wolf

Yea sorry bout the triple post, but I fixed the board movement. Thanks tho for your help

ruigato

Quote from: forsakenlad on February 19, 2006, 12:10:30 PM
Yep this code is used to hide them. What is your max avatar size set to?

I am having problems finding avatar options in rc2

i dont see any options to limit avatar size, i am with rc2 and safgreen template

i check teme options, global options, am i blind? can see avatar options and want to limit to 100x100 px

Thnk you for so nice script, wonderfull community

forsakenlad

Head over to your Administartion Center and then click "Attachments and Avatars" under the "Forum" heading. From there click "Avatar Settings" on the top of the screen. From here you can define the maximum widths and heights ;)

Advertisement: