News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PHP-Nuke/phpBB to SMF switchover

Started by Esher, February 21, 2006, 08:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esher

Hi there, I have been really impressed with SMF since I started using it. I use it for one of my sites and it works great. Now on to the bad news . . .

For my main domain hxxp:eternylnyght.com [nonactive] I use PHPNuke 7.7 with phpBB of course. I want to use SMF instead of phpBB with my PHP-Nuke install.

Now I would like to avoid losing the posts and such for the current forums if possible, but if not, no big deal. I just would like to know how to integrate SMF into my PHP-Nuke install. I'm not very familiar with php coding, so a newbie explanation would be great!

Thanks in advanced

Esher RavenFire
Administrator
EternylNyght Roleplayer's Community

Oldiesmann

I think Orstio is working on a phpNuke Bridge right now. There is another integration in progress (I think) at http://www.smf-nuke.com, but it's rather ugly and basically involves including SMF directly in a PHP Nuke file.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Esher

Hmmm.. Well that's cool. I guess I can wait abit longer to get my hands on that.

Checked out the SMF-Nuke site, and well.. It's abit of a complicated setup, and it looks like the basics of it is I would have to install their version of PHP-Nuke with SMF preinstalled into it. I don't like that idea.

Advertisement: