News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Download RC2 / RC3

Started by Herman's Mixen, March 12, 2006, 05:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman's Mixen

Link to Mod

this mod is based on simple download from nesian styles,
this mod is modified for SMF 1.1 RC2 /RC3 released
nesian style did not have any upgraded version of this version to use with SMF 1.1 RC2 / RC3
I will upgrade till final release and will add more adjustments at a later time !
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Bigguy

How do I upload with this mod ??? I`m missing something I think.

EDIT: Nvm, I forgot you have to add a "Download" folder to your smf directory and then add folders to it for subcatagories and then upload via ftp or cpanel to those folders for the downloads page to work.

Herman's Mixen

just put your files in the download folder

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Bigguy

Thanks I got it.

Quote from: Bigguy link=topic=75895.msg515908#msg515908 date=1142716179

b]EDIT:[/b] Nvm, I forgot you have to add a "Download" folder to your smf directory and then add folders to it for subcatagories and then upload via ftp or cpanel to those folders for the downloads page to work.

theslam2006

Bah, should be an admin area for this thing. And MANY more options for it. Like how many posts you have you can download certain folders/categories, ect.

Vinspire

Ermm ... I am still confuse on what does this mod do. Anyone mind explaining it to me again ?  :-[

theslam2006

Its a download mod dude. You supposedly make a folder called Downloads in the root of your forum, and make other folders, those being the "categories" and put files into them. Then when you click "Downloads" at the top of your forum, it will show the categories letting you to download the files that you put in there. Not complicated. Actually, TOO simple....dont even try it. You would be better off making forum categories, and limit the forums to certain membergroups. This doesnt even have that....about 3 min.'s work to put this together I suspect...

Vinspire

Quote from: theslam2006 on June 16, 2006, 12:34:55 AM
Its a download mod dude. You supposedly make a folder called Downloads in the root of your forum, and make other folders, those being the "categories" and put files into them. Then when you click "Downloads" at the top of your forum, it will show the categories letting you to download the files that you put in there. Not complicated. Actually, TOO simple....dont even try it. You would be better off making forum categories, and limit the forums to certain membergroups. This doesnt even have that....about 3 min.'s work to put this together I suspect...

Ohh ... A download mod :)

I am using TP. Its included in it ... Thanks for the reply dude :)

Kret

Hi
i just installed that mod but cant see page http://ch0ked.sabaki.com.au/forum/index.php?action=downloads
i did add folder call download to forum root dir
and i did file call SteamInstall.exe http://ch0ked.sabaki.com.au/forum/download/SteamInstall.exe
anybody can tell me what can be wrong ?

thank you
Kret

gtron

Quote from: Kret on July 22, 2006, 06:28:36 AM
Hi
i just installed that mod but cant see page http://ch0ked.sabaki.com.au/forum/index.php?action=downloads
i did add folder call download to forum root dir
and i did file call SteamInstall.exe http://ch0ked.sabaki.com.au/forum/download/SteamInstall.exe
anybody can tell me what can be wrong ?

thank you
Kret

not that mines working but i think you have to make a folder called 'Downloads' (case sensitive) in your forum director. pretty sure anyway from what i read earlier.

R00K

Check the default theme.  I was confused about this mod, too until I switched back to the defauly theme...voila a download button.

I guess all that is left is to ftp the files.

A manager of sorts would be a nice feature.

Thanks for this rc2 compatible version.

Rook

Herman's Mixen

in the default and babylon theme there are standard buttons if you use an other theme you have manualy add them to it !!

put your download files in the Directory whats created in de forum root /Downloads
if not you have manually add it to your forum root.

then upload files or create dirs for your download folder via ftp

denislici

can i use a different ftp adress for downloads ? i mean Downloads folder would be in a different ftp ? can i do this ?  if i can and how plz ?
Love the Creature for Creator's sake. (English)
Duje Krijesen per hire te Krijuesit. (Albanian)
Yaradılan'ı sev Yaradan'dan ötürü. (Turkish)
Ami la Creatura per ce la creato il Creatore. (Italian)

Herman's Mixen

Quote from: denislici on August 09, 2006, 09:29:06 AM

can i use a different ftp adress for downloads ? i mean Downloads folder would be in a different ftp ? can i do this ?  if i can and how plz ?

in this mod that's not yet possible

OzExcalibur

RC 3 version installed and working fine, thanks for this mod  :)

DJDoWNSTRoKe

this is my problem when i download a file:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

what happened? thanks

Impaqt

Using RC3 and finally got this mod "Seemingly" working.  Made a Button.  Editied my index and CSS files, added permissions, got the button to show up, FTP's a file to the Downloads directory, It shows up in the DOwnloads area  and then.................

Left side is there supposed to be an image file there?  I have the X Image Box....  when I click on the file to Download I get

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Herman's Mixen

i will look at those errors i will fixing someting but i'll guess you email your phpinfo file to me so i can have a look what can maybe wrong at your host side

[email protected]

Impaqt

Very stange things here..   It works  now..  I didnt do anything and all of a sudden it fixed itself!  Great module!

All I have to do now is tweak my download button...  What Font is that?

Thanks

Herman's Mixen

if ya using the babylon theme i have in the 1.1 rc2 module an download image i have desided to not implent that theme in future releases of this mod so that's why it is not there anymore ... if there enough animo i will maybe put it back in the final release....

maybe your host has updated some configs on the server maybe an update for php or something else ?

Advertisement: