News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Download RC2 / RC3

Started by Herman's Mixen, March 12, 2006, 05:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman's Mixen

proberly your host is running php in safe_mode or use phpsu
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

ES23

So what request should I made to my host?Close off the safe mode or switch to an alternative mode?So sorry to ask so much qns coz I'm no expert on php stuff. :)

Herman's Mixen

you could ask them to turn of safe_mode for you web account....
and take a look at the log files why the 500 Internal Server error comes from
it has nothing to do with smf or this mod... it's something on server configuration...
i can't produce 500 error so i don't know what happend there !!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

immortalis

Save yourself, and instal Tiny Portal...
If your 500 eror didn't fixed in a one day, don't know...
I have that problem, and it was fixet by himself :D

samozin

it has alink problems with the
these mods

prettyurls-base_0_7.tar.gz

prettyurls-actions-ext-none_0_6.tar.gz

plz try to find out whats wrong

zsw007

i get this error when i try to download the uploaded file:

[test-forum.awardspace.com] [Sat Sep 29 23:28:53 2007] [error] [client 99.225.102.27] Premature end of script headers: download.php | file is writable by others download.php , referer: http://test-forum.awardspace.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads 
Error 500: Script Execution Failure
Description: The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Most common reasons for returning this error message are:

• File Upload Mode
When you upload Perl, CGI scripts via FTP you should use always ASCII mode. If you get "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" you should check whether your FTP client uses ASCII mode when uploading your scripts, because if it uses BINARY mode to upload your scripts they won't work on the server. The problem caused by wrong upload mode is associated with the way different operating systems handle the "end of line" character. Unix system uses a "line-feed" (LF), Windows uses a "carriage-return" (CR) and "line-feed" (LF) pair. That's why it is very important that you set the uploading mode to ASCII.

• File Permissions
When you upload scripts via FTP the file permissions are set by default to 755. If you get "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" you should check whether your scripts have 755 permissions. Otherwise your scripts have lower level of permissions and does not support execution upon request. The octal representation of the 755 permission is equal to the following textual format: -rwxr-xr-x
Most FTP clients support the CHMOD command which is used for setting file permissions. In case you have set improper permissions to your scripts, use your FTP client and set "Read, Write, Execute" permissions for the owner, "Read, Execute" permissions for the group and everyone else.

• Script Errors
This is the third well known reason for getting "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" upon execution of your scripts. Check your scripts for any obvious syntax or programming errors to make sure your code is not broken.

Remember: When you get a "Error 500: Script Execution Failure", you should always check for any file uploading problems (ASCII/BINARY) and the executable permission settings. Once those are checked and verified, it looks like there is a syntax error or some other problem in the script. 

any idea what that means?

zsw007

any ideas?

i really want to get it to work.

zsw007

everything else seem to work right, i manuly installed 2 of the file that failed to install, they seem to work now, the dutch file was not found cause i don't have a dutch file.

when i try to download a file, i would go to this site:
Quotehttp://sga-forum.awardspace.com/sfm/download.php?d=&name=Testitem.gif [nofollow]

then,i would get a Internal server error

this is driving me nuts, dose anyone hae a clue, the file is set to 755,777 dosn't work either.

karlbenson

its probably cause by a .htaccess file

Rafferty

Love the idea and integration but i have a problem also. "Download" mod. has installed correctly and seems to operate as it should up to the point of actually downloading a file. At that point I get a blank screen and the message "Hacking Attempt". Any ideas?

Ive contacted my host who says everything is ok that end and it should download. They suggested something in the forum security or similar stopping it?
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Rafferty

Quote from: The Burglar! on February 13, 2007, 06:36:03 AM
you are requesting a sourcefile directly that is not allowed

I just read this but i am trying to download a normal .exe and a .zip file which i uploaded first into the downloads directory ???

How is this fixed?

Herman's Mixen

have updated the rc3 version with an new one called downloads try that one instead of this one...

Rafferty

No difference i'm afraid Burglar, still getting "hacking attempt" when attempting to d/load anything

UPDATE: later on the "hacking attempt" message dissappeared and now I have the 500 error in its place ???????

UPDATE2" A day later the "hacking attempt" message is back

zsw007

Quote from: Rafferty on October 02, 2007, 06:26:02 AM
No difference i'm afraid Burglar, still getting "hacking attempt" when attempting to d/load anything

UPDATE: later on the "hacking attempt" message dissappeared and now I have the 500 error in its place ???????

UPDATE2" A day later the "hacking attempt" message is back

i think the hacking attempt and the 500 error is because the download is not "(!defined('SMF'))" maybe?

Herman's Mixen

i'll will look at it when i have some spare time over this weekend....  ;D

axscorpio

Hi.
I send you a polish and spanish translations of script "Download".
AX
AxScorpio

zatara10

thanks Burglar for your download script

i have problem in download home page

in first enter download page,directory and file name not arranged A-Z,

aranged random ;

Nokia ring tone
Box software
Multimedya
Free software

when click Name category arranged file name A to Z or Z to A

in first enter download page
i want see file A to Z arranged

please help ?

sorry of my bad english ;)

BTC

Very simple download mod. Great work!

When I change my websettings from php4 to PHP5.
Everything looks fine. But when I try to download a file, I get a hacking attempt.

Does the script need some modification?
Doorzetten is de sleutel tot succes!!!

Herman's Mixen

@axscorpio
sorry for the late reply i did recieve them but haven't got time yet to build it in but i promise to do it soon.

@zatara10
hmm... it's just a simple download system but i will take a look at this

@BTC
originally it was written for only php4 maybe i can make changes for it so it will work on php5

falguni1

I still cant understand what does this mod do

let me say what I think and tell me is it correct ?

1)member attach files in forum
2)then these files are available for download by this mod automatically

Advertisement: