News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aghahamidgol

i translated this mod to persian can you add this file to your download center of shoutbox under german lang?

this is that file :
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=415
hamid kazemi

shaglaptop

QuoteEDIT: I just posted the new version to the package directory: here.

Hey, just letting you know that for some reason, the mod's section don't like what you've added.  Also, awsome mod! I just hope it stays simple!  Too many mods seem to become beasts after a while.

littleone

Assistance

may want to have permissions for it? for user groups
~playing poker~

kvanorsdel

This is exactly what I have been looking for, but it is also my first Mod so where do I install the files? so I can get it up and running.  I can foloow the place this code here and that code there but I can't seem to find where I need to place the initial files.

Thanks
SMF 1.1.1 with TP v0.9.7

Joshsux

Quote from: kvanorsdel on August 13, 2006, 05:06:06 PM
This is exactly what I have been looking for, but it is also my first Mod so where do I install the files? so I can get it up and running.  I can foloow the place this code here and that code there but I can't seem to find where I need to place the initial files.

Thanks

If your using the default forum just download the zip for this mod don't extract it but then go into your admin section of your site, go to packages right up the top box click new packages, then click the browse packages, locate the zip upload it then click "install mod"

That will automaticly place the  files in the right spot and edit the correct files for the default theme, "As long as you set the correct permissions for the files" but it will show a test failed or error if that happens.
If you can't hear it before you see it, then it ain't a harley

icman

what is mod name for best of chat

PS.: Sorry for my poor english.
Show PageRank On Your site

http://meelink.com/Google-PageaRank-Indicator.php
Webmaster & SEO Tools Top google make it esay
http://www.meelink.com
Php website
http://www.mindphp.com
My Forum site witch ptc
http://ptc.icphysics.com/webboard/SFM/index.php
Thailand Domain Company Search
http://thaiwebdirectories.meelink.com

tutorialwizard

How do you resize the width on this??

littleone

Quote from: tutorialwizard on August 20, 2006, 12:44:16 AM
How do you resize the width on this??

Admin >> Features and Options >> SMF Shoutbox

mbirth

Quote from: piwaille on August 10, 2006, 08:59:02 AMtip for -mARKUS : If you séparate your language files, we could give you translation (for me into french) quite simply ?
it's not very difficult but it's could be helpfull ?

I just uploaded the German language-pack to the Mod-Page. Download it there, unpack it and take a look at the sbox_11rc2_german.mod. Just translate the strings there and send the file to me. If I find some time, I'll then upload the language pack.

Quote from: littleone on August 10, 2006, 07:50:08 PMis there a way to make the history visible to everyone? but not the "Clear History" part?

Somehow I knew this would come ... :-)

Oben sboxDB.php and find these lines:
<?php

if ($modSettings['sbox_DoHistory'] == '1') {
    if (
file_exists($sbox_HistoryFile)) {
      echo 
'[<a href="' str_replace($boarddir$boardurl$sbox_HistoryFile) . '" target="_blank">' $txt['sbox_History'] . '</a>]';
      echo 
' [<a href="' $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?action=clearhist" class="Kill" onClick="return clearYesNo();">' $txt['sbox_HistoryClear'] . '</a>]';
    } else {
      echo 
'[' $txt['sbox_HistoryNotFound'] . ']';
    }
  }
?>

Now switch the "if (file_exists(..." with the next line and voilà. Should look like this:

<?php

if ($modSettings['sbox_DoHistory'] == '1') {
    echo 
'[<a href="' str_replace($boarddir$boardurl$sbox_HistoryFile) . '" target="_blank">' $txt['sbox_History'] . '</a>]';
    if (
file_exists($sbox_HistoryFile)) {
      echo 
' [<a href="' $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?action=clearhist" class="Kill" onClick="return clearYesNo();">' $txt['sbox_HistoryClear'] . '</a>]';
    } else {
      echo 
'[' $txt['sbox_HistoryNotFound'] . ']';
    }
  }
?>

Quote from: shaglaptop on August 12, 2006, 02:55:33 PMAlso, awsome mod! I just hope it stays simple!  Too many mods seem to become beasts after a while.

I'm trying to keep it somewhat simple ... but it's not easy as many people want an "eierlegende Wollmilchsau"...

Quote from: tutorialwizard on August 20, 2006, 12:44:16 AMHow do you resize the width on this??

The WIDTH should be 100% of available space. Your browser is responsible for displaying everything correctly. However, you can change the HEIGHT in pixels in the SMF Settings.

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

NEVER contact me via ICQ/MSN/whatever for support inquiries unless I told you to do so! Use the forum threads instead.
Only send PMs if you need to tell me sensitive data.

tutorialwizard

well my forum doesnt take up all of the space in the browser so the shoutbox that is 100% of the width looks very out of place...

mbirth

Quote from: tutorialwizard on August 20, 2006, 03:08:30 PM
well my forum doesnt take up all of the space in the browser so the shoutbox that is 100% of the width looks very out of place...

Just make a table around the sbox-part in your template ... something like this:

<?php
echo '<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="80%"><tr><td>';

// display shoutbox

if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();
echo 
'</td></tr></table>';
?>

This way you force the sbox to the width of the parent object.

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

NEVER contact me via ICQ/MSN/whatever for support inquiries unless I told you to do so! Use the forum threads instead.

tutorialwizard

Okay I get the concept just the codes not right lol.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/Black_Gaming/index.template.php on line 246

245: <?php

246: echo '<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="80%"><tr><td>';

247:   // display shoutbox
248:   if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();
249: echo '</td></tr></table>';
250: ?>

Thanks for the help  :D.

mbirth

Quote from: tutorialwizard on August 20, 2006, 03:44:24 PMOkay I get the concept just the codes not right lol.

Remove the <?php and the ?> .... they are only for making SMF syntax highlight the code here...

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

tutorialwizard

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/Black_Gaming/index.template.php on line 245

245: echo '<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="80%"><tr><td>';

246:   // display shoutbox
247:   if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();
248: echo '</td></tr></table>';
249:

still an error with the '/; if i take out either one i get an error on a different section

mbirth

Quote from: tutorialwizard on August 20, 2006, 04:20:38 PMParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/Black_Gaming/index.template.php on line 245

Sounds almost like you inserted the code into a string ... so try to insert '; between line 244 and 245. And omit the '; in line 249. Should look like this:

245: ';
246: echo '<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="80%"><tr><td>';

247:   // display shoutbox
248:   if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();
249: echo '</td></tr></table>
250:

If it still doesn't work, please post 5 lines before and 5 lines past the place where you wanted to insert the sbox.

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

tutorialwizard

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in .../Themes/Black_Gaming/index.template.php on line 241

235: ';
236: echo '<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="80%"><tr><td>';
237:   // display shoutbox
238:   if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();
239: echo '</td></tr></table>';
240:

241: <!-- BEGIN content sections -->

242: <table width="1000" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

Haha well I got past that part, just now theres a problem in 241...

mbirth

Quote from: tutorialwizard on August 20, 2006, 04:36:58 PMHaha well I got past that part, just now theres a problem in 241...

Quote from: mbirth on August 20, 2006, 04:25:14 PMSounds almost like you inserted the code into a string ... so try to insert '; between line 244 and 245. And omit the '; in line 249.

This is your line 239 now... omit the '; at the end of that line.

Cheers,
  -mARKUS

P.S.: I guess you should learn some PHP basics .... ;-)

tutorialwizard

Ahh there we go thanks so much...

and yeah I probably so much

guillaumelafont

Hello everybody,

I've just translated to french (francais) this great and very simple chatbox.
I've modified the .mod file insertSmilie function so it's working now with Mozilla :
if (browserInternetExplorer && platformWindows && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 2))

Advertisement: