News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipko

Is there any way to remove the "<Type your message and press ENTER>?" I love this mod, but often people forget to click it off and it appears in the message like this:

<Type your message and press ENTER>  :)

How can I remove it?

Thanks in advance for any help.     

Kettu

Quote from: sipko on September 16, 2006, 10:34:22 AM
Is there any way to remove the "<Type your message and press ENTER>?" I love this mod, but often people forget to click it off and it appears in the message like this:

<Type your message and press ENTER>  :)

How can I remove it?

Thanks in advance for any help.     
Of course. I don't know which file it is exactly, but check all files for that text (via search function) and than just delete it ;D
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

sipko

Thanks. I tried this already without success. Found it in sbox.english.php. Took  out $txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = '<Type your message and press ENTER>';, which didn't remove it.

Went to sbox.template.php and the other files but didn't see that text; so removed references to ['sbox_TypeShout'], in the sbox.template.php but still no luck.

Arska

Hi,

When I try to execute sbox_setup.php, I get an error:

Incorrect table name ''
File: /home/www/something.com/forum/sbox_setup.php
Row: 83

Please help me! What should I do?

Thanks.

Kettu

Quote from: sipko on September 16, 2006, 12:51:59 PM
Thanks. I tried this already without success. Found it in sbox.english.php. Took  out $txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = '<Type your message and press ENTER>';, which didn't remove it.

Went to sbox.template.php and the other files but didn't see that text; so removed references to ['sbox_TypeShout'], in the sbox.template.php but still no luck.
Delete only that language part not the code:
$txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = ' '

@Arska
Sorry, I have not idea.

sipko

Did this:

Quote$txt['sbox_HistoryNotFound'] = 'No history found.';
$txt['sbox_Guest'] = 'Guest';
$txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = ' '; <--

But, still get the '<Type your message and press ENTER>'.

Removed every 'sbox_TypeShout'] code in the template file to try to find what triggers the text, but it didn't remove the '<Type you message ...'>.

Example:

Quote<form name="sbox" action="' . $sourceurl . '/sboxDB.php?action=write" method="post" target="sboxframe" style="margin: 0;" onsubmit="if (this.sboxText.value == \'' . $txt['sbox_TypeShout'] . '\') return false; else setTimeout(\'clearSbox()\', 500);" enctype="multipart/form-data" accept-charset="' . $context['character_set'] . '">

The Shoutbox still worked and the text remained.

So, I'm wondering if something in the sboxDB.php has to be removed, or something else?

SageAttar

ah, this is a nice mod.. and this my 1st time to install a mod for smf.. so plz help.. where i upload all files? in root directory of my forum or theme dir?

ps.. here is 33 pages.. and this is very difficult to me read all posts & replies.. lol  :D ;)

Hack

Hello again..

I have been playing with this mod trying to get it running nicely alongside tinyportal. I have had some succes (thanks to some help from TP forums) but am still getting another error and I am unsure which direction to look in to fix it. The error is as follows:

Warning: htmlentities(): charset `ANSI_X3.4-1968' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /PATH TO SITE/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 91

Does that make sense to anyone and if so does anyone know where I need to look to actually fix the problem?

Kettu

Quote from: sipko on September 16, 2006, 08:17:34 PM
Did this:

Quote$txt['sbox_HistoryNotFound'] = 'No history found.';
$txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = ' '; <--

But, still get the '<Type your message and press ENTER>'.
Good morning,
you only have to change your language file(s) i.e. sbox.english.php to:
$txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = ' ';

// Settings

This is enough! I did it and it works fine.

@SageAttar

Why don't you use your package manager?

@Hack
This is a charset problem. Check a few posts before there someone had an idea for a solution.

SageAttar

Quote from: Kettu on September 20, 2006, 01:39:21 AM
@SageAttar[/b]
Why don't you use your package manager?

Dear how i use package manager for mod installation.. please some help me..

SageAttar

:D i upload it.. but when i apply.. i get 2 error msgs  :'(

Installation Readme
Sorry, but the SMF Shoutbox Mod doesn't support your SMF version!

Package Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive sbox_v11.04.zip:
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

so how shout box work? this version is not for SMF 1.0.7?

Kettu

Quote from: SageAttar on September 20, 2006, 10:17:20 AM
so how shout box work? this version is not for SMF 1.0.7?
I am sorry, but version 1.04 is for 1.1 RC2, only. We currently have version 1.14 running for RC2 and RC3. There is no version for 1.0.7.
As sawz already said, you can use the Ultimate shoutbox for 1.0.7.

SageAttar

Thanx Dear for help.. do u tell me what is Rc 1,2,3?

Kettu

Quote from: SageAttar on September 20, 2006, 04:33:27 PM
Thanx Dear for help.. do u tell me what is Rc 1,2,3?
Good morning. RC means Release Candidate. Because there where so many changes after making RC1, RC2 followed and the same was with RC3. It is not final but SMF 1.1 RC3 works fine. :)

littleone

FIX for MAJOR security flaw in this shout box!

Find this in sboxDB.php (forum/sources)
if (!defined('SMF'))
  die('Hacking attempt...');

Right after that line (its like one of the top few lines) add this after it:
is_not_banned(true);

This will prevent banned user from post.  Currently without this fix, users can be banned and as long as they dont refresh their page, they can continue to shout all day long.  So the above fix will give them an error and not allow them to post :)

Thanks to Jay the Code Monkey who gave this to me on the fly!!!  This has been a major problem for me the last week, with some rude people.  Glad its fixed now.  thanks for the help jay!

---------------------------------------------------------
This is only a temp fix!  But until mbirth can look into and and give the correct fix, this will do the job. It might cause an error in the error log, but that should only be one error anything u have an issue with a banned user shouting ;)  Its a rare occurance but my forum trouble makers found the loop whole in that, so they strickly target the shout box.
------------------------------------------------------

MBIRTH:
if you get a chance please look into this.  Making it check if user is banned before shout is posted :D  thanks

grloula

the letters that they grow????

Kettu

ProtoMan.EXE

I have a question need to ask : How can I make the Shout Box to be appeared on all page , I mean not only the board index ? (I am talking about mbirth 's Shout Box) , thank you.

del_piero_3

Hi,

Firstly this is a EXCELLENT mod, thank you very much for the hard work you have put in.

Secondly I am trying to have more similies, like shown at the bottom of this printscreen shot: http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=412

How would I go about doing this. Thanks

Kettu

@del_piero_3
What kind of Mod do you use? deeps version 1.04 or mbirth's version 1.14?

@ProtoMan.EXE
Just add the code to your index.template.php

Edit:
@del_piero_3
You use deep's old shoutbox. If you still want to use this and don't want to change to mbirth's, just check the language file. There are the links to the smilies in and you can change it.

Advertisement: