News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kok3n

guys i need some serious help here.. i'm new to forum stuff and don't have any knowledge about php's..

after installing the shoutbox in my forum, i can no longer access it.. this is the error that i'm getting..

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smfshout() (previously declared in /home/mindanao/public_html/Sources/Subs.php:1883) in /home/mindanao/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 1889

btw, my site's URL is www.mindanao-online.com

please help..

Chad

Quote from: bisrock on September 28, 2006, 11:54:23 AM
guys i need some serious help here.. i'm new to forum stuff and don't have any knowledge about php's..

after installing the shoutbox in my forum, i can no longer access it.. this is the error that i'm getting..

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smfshout() (previously declared in /home/mindanao/public_html/Sources/Subs.php:1883) in /home/mindanao/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 1889

please help..

This means you have smfshout in more than one place in Subs.php.  Edit that file and pick one place or the other and you'll be fine.

kok3n

Quote from: Chad on September 28, 2006, 12:04:37 PM
Quote from: bisrock on September 28, 2006, 11:54:23 AM

please help..

This means you have smfshout in more than one place in Subs.php.  Edit that file and pick one place or the other and you'll be fine.

how do i edit it? do i need to login to my ftp server? i'm sorry sir, i'm just dumb when it comes to this stuff.. i'm still trying to learn a lot of things..

Chad

Yep, log into your ftp server, download the file, open it in a text editor (notepad for windows, gedit for linux) and find smfshout().  you'll see it in more than one place.  Place // in front all but one of the instances you find.

kok3n

can i download the file from my cpanel? i'm at the office right now and i don't have an ftp client installed since my computer is not allowing me to..

Chad

Sorry, I ran to lunch.  Yes, if you have cpanel you should have a File Manager.  Click that then browse to public_html/Sources/ and click on Subs.php then hit EDIT on the upper right of the screen.
Copy the entire text into a text editor and do the changes I talked about then paste the entire text back into the cpanel window and hit SAVE.

kok3n

this is what i found..

}
function smfshout()
{
   global $sourcedir;

include_once("$sourcedir/shout.php");
   shout_display(true);
}

function smfshout()
{
   global $sourcedir;

shout_display(true);
}

what should i do?

Chad

Quote from: bisrock on September 28, 2006, 02:41:30 PM
this is what i found..

}
function smfshout()
{
   global $sourcedir;

shout_display(true);
}

function smfshout()
{
   global $sourcedir;

shout_display(true);
}

what should i do?
Delete everything from function smfshout() down to the } symbol so you just have:
function smfshout()
{
global $sourcedir;

shout_display(true);
}

One time.

kok3n

whew.. that solves it.. thank you so much.. you've been a great help.. :)

AZNmodder

Hi, I'm getting this error on the shoutbox (1.1 RC3 using standard theme right now but going to use different one later)

Notice: Undefined index: sbox_RefreshDisable in /home/providenceforums/public_html/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 273
[]

Overall the shoutbox works just fine though...just that error is ALWAYS on top

AZNmodder

sorry for the double post, I fixed the problem and everything seems to work fine now, so I tried it on another theme.

Everything works but the text is centered and the background and text colors don't match the theme.  I'm sure someone has posted this somewhere in the 36 pages so I'll search around if I need to, but if anyone knows off the top of their hand what to do, I would deeply be in your debt.

kok3n

good day... i need help with the installation of ultimate shoutbox..

i am getting this error

2: copy(/home/mindanao/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/mindanao/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1307

after clicking on apply mod.. what should i do?

AZNmodder

Quote from: bisrock on September 28, 2006, 10:54:41 PM

i am getting this error

2: copy(/home/mindanao/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied

try this thread http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=8415.0 (ultimate shoutbox was made by grudge I think, this is a different shoutbox)

someone help me with my problem 2 posts up?

kok3n

Quote from: AZNmodder on September 28, 2006, 11:45:02 PM
Quote from: bisrock on September 28, 2006, 10:54:41 PM

i am getting this error

try this thread http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=8415.0 (ultimate shoutbox was made by grudge I think, this is a different shoutbox)

someone help me with my problem 2 posts up?

ok.. thanks!  :)

del_piero_3

Quote from: Kettu on September 25, 2006, 07:03:30 AM
@del_piero_3
What kind of Mod do you use? deeps version 1.04 or mbirth's version 1.14?

@del_piero_3
You use deep's old shoutbox. If you still want to use this and don't want to change to mbirth's, just check the language file. There are the links to the smilies in and you can change it.

Am sorry I got busy with few things....I am using mbirth's sbox_v1.15. Running 1.1 RC3 using Classic YaBB SE Theme.

NicolaUK

I wonder if anyone can help, had to move hosts and am finally up and running - thanks to Fizzy and Trekkie  :D - but am unable to install this mod.

I'm getting

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function: sbox_display() in /home/disney00/public_html/caliberowners/Sources/Subs.php on line 3568

Can anyone advise please?

Oh and I'm using RC3 and Shoutbox 1.15  :)

littleone

Quote from: AZNmodder on September 28, 2006, 10:24:49 PM
sorry for the double post, I fixed the problem and everything seems to work fine now, so I tried it on another theme.

Everything works but the text is centered and the background and text colors don't match the theme.  I'm sure someone has posted this somewhere in the 36 pages so I'll search around if I need to, but if anyone knows off the top of their hand what to do, I would deeply be in your debt.

Admin >> Features and Options>> SMF Shoutbox.

That will fix your color issue, not sure about your centering issue.  It might require you to go in and add an align="left" in the shout box code or on your index page.

Quote from: NicolaUK on October 01, 2006, 10:29:50 AM
I wonder if anyone can help, had to move hosts and am finally up and running - thanks to Fizzy and Trekkie  :D - but am unable to install this mod.

I'm getting

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function: sbox_display() in /home/disney00/public_html/caliberowners/Sources/Subs.php on line 3568

Can anyone advise please?

Oh and I'm using RC3 and Shoutbox 1.15  :)

You need to open us the Subs.php file and find the sbox display code.  You have it in there twice.  You need to remove one of those two.  That will clear up your problem.

NicolaUK

I can only see it once, right at the bottom ::)

Quotefunction sbox() {
  global $sourcedir;

include_once("$sourcedir/sbox.php");
  sbox_display();
}

AZNmodder

Quote from: littleone on October 01, 2006, 10:38:06 AM
Admin >> Features and Options>> SMF Shoutbox.

That will fix your color issue, not sure about your centering issue.  It might require you to go in and add an align="left" in the shout box code or on your index page.

that only fixes the text color, the background color cant be changed from there...either that or i'm missing it

AZNmodder

sorry for double post...maybe this image will explain the problem better than words.

I want the background to be gray and the text to match the background.  When I set font color in Admin>Features and options>SMF Shoutbox it makes some of the text yellow.  I have no idea where the purple (and normal users appear blue) is coming from.  I definitely didn't set the admin or any other user group to that color of purple.

I also would like it to be left aligned.  Anyone know where in the code to change that from center to left?

Advertisement: