News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

make sure you create a forum for these posts to end up in and edit the php code after you paste it into your file so use the proper forum ID number.  Mine is 92, yours will be different.

dewayne

i get this error (i didnt see it in this thread) when trying to add the shoutbox to my forum...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_shout_box() (previously declared in /home/blazin/public_html/staffforum/Sources/Load.php(1703) : eval()'d code:127) in /home/blazin/public_html/staffforum/Sources/Load.php(1703) : eval()'d code on line 3

i'm using version 1.15 with a theme other than the default.  i added 

// display shoutbox
  if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();

to the BoardIndex.template.php file

anyone have an idea ???

Kettu

Quote from: dewayne on October 15, 2006, 04:57:57 PM
i get this error (i didnt see it in this thread) when trying to add the shoutbox to my forum...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_shout_box() (previously declared in /home/blazin/public_html/staffforum/Sources/Load.php(1703) : eval()'d code:127) in /home/blazin/public_html/staffforum/Sources/Load.php(1703) : eval()'d code on line 3

i'm using version 1.15 with a theme other than the default.  i added 

// display shoutbox

to the BoardIndex.template.php file

anyone have an idea ???

Hi, you have the shoutbox code at least twice in your Subs.php. Check it for this code and delete all except one.

function sbox()
{
global $sourcedir;

include_once("$sourcedir/sbox.php");
sbox_display();
}
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

dewayne

i only see it once in the /Source/Subs.php file  :(

Kettu

Quote from: dewayne on October 15, 2006, 05:49:43 PM
i only see it once in the /Source/Subs.php file  :(
Okay, redeclare means something is double. But maybe at ModSettings.php. Check this one for double sbox code. I currently haven't it by hand.

scrap yourself silly

Apologies if this has been answered already...

Would like this to appear on all my forum pages.  Would I just add the code

// display shoutbox

to my index.template.php or something?

Thanks  :)

Chad

scrap: Yes.
that's what I've done here: http://www.aviary.info  It's on the bottom of every page.

littleone

Quote from: Chad on October 16, 2006, 02:46:04 PM
scrap: Yes.
that's what I've done here: http://www.aviary.info  It's on the bottom of every page.

Chad call me stupid but how did you get your forum background to change to an image without using a custom theme?  I know its off topic, so if you feel more appropriate to respond via PM that is fine to lol ;)

Chad

I'll put the answer here in case someone's searching for the answer as well (some moderator can split the topic for us hopefully).

I just editted the Themes/default/style.css

Find this:
/* The main body of the entire forum. */
body
{
background-color: #3366CC;
margin: 0px;
padding: 12px 30px 4px 30px;

Add after:
background-image:url(images/webbackgrounds/colour-05.jpg);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-position: center center;

So you should have:
/* The main body of the entire forum. */
body
{
background-color: #3366CC;
margin: 0px;
padding: 12px 30px 4px 30px;
background-image:url(images/webbackgrounds/colour-05.jpg);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-position: center center;
}

Change the image url to your own image and you're done. ;)

tvdoc

This thing works beautifully but, on any resolution higher than 800x600, the text is too small to read. If this question's been touched on, I apologize. I'm also sorry that I don't know code that well and need to know how to enlarge the text size. Did find in the sbox-setup.php' where it says 'text=xx-small'. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kettu

Just check your administration center. There you can easy change the size.

geniusofthecrowd

sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there a way to get the shoutbox to show usernames and not real names? I am using a joomla/smf integration.

CanadianLatitude

WhenI try to install the 1.15 I get these messages:

Sorry, but the SMF Shoutbox Mod doesn't support your SMF version!

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Just downloaded this SMF yesterday (1.08)so I do not see why it won't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  :D Thanks.

Kettu

Quote from: geniusofthecrowd on October 18, 2006, 07:59:09 PM
sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there a way to get the shoutbox to show usernames and not real names? I am using a joomla/smf integration.
Normally the shoutbox shows usernames only.

Quote from: CanadianLatitude on October 18, 2006, 11:28:42 PM
WhenI try to install the 1.15 I get these messages:

Sorry, but the SMF Shoutbox Mod doesn't support your SMF version!

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Just downloaded this SMF yesterday (1.08)so I do not see why it won't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  :D Thanks.
Of course. This shoutbox is made for SMF 1.1 RC2 and 3. If you use 1.0.8 than you should use the Ultimate Shoutbox not this one.

geniusofthecrowd

It looks like the shoutbox showing the "display name" instead of the username.  I suppose this is how it is supposed to be setup if running SMF alone.  But with running the joomlahacks integration, it puts the realname in joomla as the "displayname" and the username as "username".  Is there a hack I can do for it show the usernames instead of displaynames?

Quote from: Kettu on October 19, 2006, 04:36:55 AM
Quote from: geniusofthecrowd on October 18, 2006, 07:59:09 PM
Normally the shoutbox shows usernames only.

Kettu

Well Shoutbox is programmed for SMF. So it uses its settings.
If you have any knowledge about programming this should be the "affected" code at the sboxDB.php:

if ($context['user']['id'] > 0) {
          $output .= '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $context['user']['id'] . '" target="_blank" class="' . $divclass . '">';
          $output .= $sbox_NickInnerPrefix . ((!empty($context['user']['name']))?$context['user']['name']:$context['user']['username']) . $sbox_NickInnerSuffix;
          $output .= '</a>';

geniusofthecrowd

Hey Kettu,
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I am not a programmer or anything but found what I needed to change.  I will post what I changed just in case someone else has the same issue.

sboxDB.php around line 741 just changed realName to username

echo $sbox_NickInnerPrefix . ((!empty($row['realName']))?$row['realName']:$row['memberName']) . $sbox_NickInnerSuffix;

changed to

echo $sbox_NickInnerPrefix . ((!empty($row['username']))?$row['username']:$row['memberName']) . $sbox_NickInnerSuffix;

blitzchic

Are you able to change the font colour on your shouts??

Kettu

Quote from: blitzchic on October 20, 2006, 11:09:31 AM
Are you able to change the font colour on your shouts??
You can do it at your Administration Center.

SteelEagle

Hey really nice mod  :)
But it has some problems with languages other with English... I have shoutbox on my Polish forum and it doesn't work perfectly  :(

1) Verison 1.15 produces script error when trying to shout and displays nasty window with break script option... So I'm using 1.14
2) It doesn't work well with Polish characters hxxp:img179.imageshack.us/img179/6335/clipboard02jy9.jpg [nonactive]
3) It doesn't displays header bar properly as seen on screenshot.
4) //EDIT And doesn't shows options in admin panel unless I switch to English

With English language all works very fine, but I don't want it for this forum  :) Is there any way to fix those problems?

Advertisement: