News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

Hi can the width of shoutbox be altered?
[nofollow]

SteelEagle

I created sbox.polish.php and it fixed problems no 3 and 4, now let's see if i can make proper character coding ;)

//edit: I have no good idea how to do it... help plz
//I.m using v1.15. Error with wrong coding appears only when forum language is set to Polish. When switching to English all is fine... Anyone any ideas?

//yes i've read whole topic but it didn't help me...

//@Geezer: probably yes. Alter tables width in sbox.template.php and see if it works

PSNick

Hey!, i installed the SMF shoutbox perfectly today in the Helios Multi theme and it's everything ok, except because i want to edit the text in the top that sais: "SMF Shoutbox" I want to put another thing in there like "My Shoutbox", but directly from the settings...

EDIT: I'm so stupid... what i mean is that you should add that to the settings as an option... to change the name.
I already did that, but it was a suggestion lol.

Kettu

Sorry, but that's so easy to change. It would be a joke to make a special option for that.
Just change the text at the sbox.english.php from
$txt['sbox_ModTitle'] = 'SMF Shoutbox';
to
$txt['sbox_ModTitle'] = 'My Shoutbox';
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

PSNick

I know, i already did that before sugesting... but the thing is that you have to change that before uploading the shoutbox. And if you add the option, unexperienced members will be able to change it from the forum directly... besides that way will be even easier lol.
Thanks for your answer anyways ^^

Kettu

You can change it everytime later, too. Just download the file, edit it and upload it. It will change the text immediately :)

tapirul

I post here too,

I am in a big hurry so i didn't have time to read the thread for a possible answer.
There it goes:
Quote from: tapirul on October 29, 2006, 05:47:21 PM
a wonderful mod

the only thing that bothers me is the default text in the shouting area ("press ENTER" etc); that's because if I click on a emoticon (without any other text), that thing does not get replaced, the emoticon will be appended only, even if I selected the default text and deleted it before.

I tried to change the code in sbox.english.php

$txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = '*';

The thing is, whatever you put instead of the default text (there is a star now), that thing will NOT be posted in the shout,  if you happen to type it. I tried initially with a space, but then all shoutscameoutlikethiswithnospaces. I changed with a period but then i got shouts like this: http://wwwsimplemachinesorg/community/indexphp?action=post;topic=115579.15;num_replies=16
If you don't put anything, like
$txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = '';

then there are problems with the script.. I get a message from my browser (after a while): a script is busy, uatev, continue/cancel

I settled for a star now (I imagine there won't be any shouts containing stars).

Is there any way to get around this? I mean, if I take out that line in sbox.english.php, where else shoud I make modifications?
thanks a lot

Kettu

Replace
$txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = '<Type your message and press ENTER>';
with
$txt['sbox_TypeShout'] = ' ';
There should be a space between ' and ';

It works fine for me, because I have it at my shoutbox.

moysys

ποσ 8α βαλο τα  ελλινικα στο  προγραμα sbox_v1.15.zip ? αν μποριτε να με βοηθισετε

ευχαριστο

[email protected]

Kettu

Quote from: moysys on October 30, 2006, 05:07:48 PM
ποσ 8α βαλο τα  ελλινικα στο  προγραμα sbox_v1.15.zip ? αν μποριτε να με βοηθισετε

ευχαριστο

[email protected]
We don't speak greek. This is the English part. So please speak English. If you speak German use the German Thread.

Zorn

Hi!
I have installed the 1.1RC3 with the 2 secury update.
I try to instal smf shoutbox 1.15, but i recived the "Internal Server Error"
I try to follow the Kettu's instruction "Go to your file sbBox.php and change the CHMod from 777 to 644."

but mine sbox.php contain only:

if (!defined('SMF'))
die('Hacking attempt...');

function sbox_display()
{
global $user_info, $db_prefix, $modSettings, $settings, $sourcedir, $scripturl, $txt, $context;

if ($modSettings['sbox_Visible'] != '0')
{
  loadLanguage('sbox');
loadTemplate('sbox');
template_shout_box();
}
}

?>

can you help me?

thx

Kettu

Quote from: Zorn on October 31, 2006, 05:43:43 AM
Hi!
I have installed the 1.1RC3 with the 2 secury update.
I try to instal smf shoutbox 1.15, but i recived the "Internal Server Error"
I try to follow the Kettu's instruction "Go to your file sbBox.php and change the CHMod from 777 to 644."

but mine sbox.php contain only:

can you help me?
ChMod isn't a part of the code. ChMod means file access rights. Click on your sbBox.php an check the given rights.

agridoc

Quote from: moysys on October 30, 2006, 05:07:48 PM

ευχαριστο

[email protected]

This is a translation

How can I use Greek with sbox_v1.15.zip ? If you can please help me.

Thank you

[email protected]

moysys has posted in the Greek support. mforum, has made a greek language file but Greek chars were not properly displayed. apollonios reported that works OK with UTF-8.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=123810.0

So there is a problem with foreign languages if a non UTF-8 codepage is used.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=115579.msg793648#msg793648
Quote from: agridoc on November 02, 2006, 02:21:34 PM
After a quick glance, I believe that the problem for non UTF-8 encoding is this part of code in sboxDB.php

function missinghtmlentities($text) {
  global $context;
  // entitify missing characters, ignore entities already there (Unicode / UTF8) (hopefully in {-notation)
  $split = preg_split('/(&#[\d]+;)/', $text, -1, PREG_SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE);
  $result = '';
  foreach ($split as $s) {
    if (substr($s, 0, 2) != '&#' || substr($s, -1, 1) != ';') {
      // filter out "ANSI_X3.4-1968" charset, which just means plain old ASCII ... replace by UTF-8
      if (strpos($context['character_set'], 'ANSI_') !== false) $charset = 'UTF-8'; else $charset = $context['character_set'];
      $result .= @htmlentities($s, ENT_NOQUOTES, $charset);
    } else {
      $result .= $s;
    }
  }
  return $result;
}

However some more points might need examining.

I see in the topic interest from another Greek and a Turkish about codepage conflict problem of SMF Shoutbox.

The above were posted in the new SMF Shoutbox support board. BTW which is the right board?
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

Kettu

Good morning,
this is the English Support Thread of deep AND mbirth's SMF Shoutbox. We also have a German Support Thread for it. There is another English Support Thread for the Ultimate Shoutbox of Grudge.

About the foreign characters. I think mbirth is still working on that problem. Currently we don't really know what this problem causes. :(

G0ldT00th

Hi,

I did some searching but didn't find an answer so I apologize if this is a repeat.  I am running SMF 1.1.RC3 with the template Slick Pro: Graphite.  When I go to "Apply Mod" I get this error.

Quote9.  Execute Modification  /home/killerba/public_html/smf/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php

This is a forum being run a development site with CMS Joomla 1.011 using the Joomla Hacks bridge (not sure if this is important or not).

All of the other tests are listed as "successful."  Any idea of what I am doing wrong?  I tried install when using the default theme but it gives the same error.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Link to development site
hxxp:www.killerbananas.org/devsite//index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26 [nonactive]

Kettu

Maybe the CHMod of your default/BoardIndex.template.php isn't correct.
Just add the code by hand.
Add
  // display shoutbox
  if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();

before
// Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)
if ($settings['show_newsfader'] && !empty($context['fader_news_lines']))

If you want to have it above your Newsfader

or before
// Here's where the "Info Center" starts...
If you'd like to have it above your Info Center.

G0ldT00th

Hhhmm.  No I thought that was the issue too and tried various spots but just tried the one you listed as well and got the same result.  Here is what the Boardindex.template.php looked like after the cut and pasted.

I also checked the CHMod and it is 666.

I am scratching my head now. :o

<?php
/// Version: 1.1 RC3; BoardIndex
function template_main()
{
global $context$settings$options$txt$scripturl$modSettings;

// Show some statistics next to the link tree if SP1 info is off.
echo '
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td valign="bottom"></td>
<td align="right">'
;
if (!$settings['show_sp1_info'])
echo '
'
$txt[19], ': '$context['common_stats']['total_members'], '  •  '$txt[95], ': '$context['common_stats']['total_posts'], '  •  '$txt[64], ': '$context['common_stats']['total_topics'], '
'
, ($settings['show_latest_member'] ? '<br />' $txt[201] . ' <b>' $context['common_stats']['latest_member']['link'] . '</b>' $txt[581] : '');
echo '
</td>
</tr>
</table>'
;

// display shoutbox

if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();
// Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)

Kettu

Well, BoardIndex.template.php is correct. Is it not shown now?
I know it works for Slick Pro, because a friend didn't have problems with installing.

G0ldT00th

Showing, I am sorry, let me clarify, once I got that error 9, I didn't actually proceeded, I stopped and posted here.  So you think I am safe to ignore the warning and go ahead and complete the installation?

G0ldT00th

Ok I went and tried to complete it.  Maybe I am wrong, maybe this mod is just not compatible with a Joomla SMF Forum Bridge (Joomla Hacks).  It failed to install and gave me this error.

QuoteIncorrect table name ''
File: /home/killerba/public_html/devsite/smf/Packages/temp/sbox_setup.php
Line: 83

This is the bit of code that is failing.

// drop table if it exists. Should make SMF-update 1.1rc2 -> 1.1rc3 easier.
$result = mysql_query("DROP TABLE `{$db_prefix}sbox_content`");

$result = db_query("
        CREATE TABLE `{$db_prefix}sbox_content` (
        `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
        `time` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
        `ID_MEMBER` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL,
          `content` text NOT NULL,
          PRIMARY KEY (`id`))", __FILE__, __LINE__);

83 is the last line.

Advertisement: