News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Doing so well!!

Started by Prasad007, March 29, 2006, 11:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prasad007

I hope i get comments on this..
I just HAD to write this! (since i saw the latest 1.0.7 and rc2 patch update)
I am writing this in public because i want everyone to know what i feel about simple machines .
The way in seeing the community grow and the updates to SMF being released so very rapidly , leave me utterly speechless.
Not only is your product free and open source, but the best one in my books. Id BUY SMF no matter what it costed, if it were to be paid.
Finally, id like to mention a great thanks to the team and the entire SMF crew for providing such a wonderful thing to the world.
My world itself would have been VERY dull without SMF.
Infact, i was never really interested in forums before i hit upon an smf forum.
I liked the features and the abilities of the script.
It was then that i dreamt of having my own site.... as i do today.

There were some issues between the team and me now and again, but as i always say i like to learn from my mistakes.
The conflicts made me realize those mistakes and (hopefully) i may / might not have repeated / will not repeat them again.

There are still many phpBB users out there (cuz its free and open source like smf)
It is only a matter of time before they realize the wonder of SMF that they're missing out on.
phpBB updates are also very slow and people have been waiting for phpBB 3 for ages!
On the other hand ive never seen ANYONE atall for that matter being able to work with such a unified effort to keep your script up to date.
As of right now, no matter what this community thinks of me, in my heart, forever this is truly the best community i have EVER seen and/or been part of.
Being here is my pride and priviledge.

I hope i can spend more time here and work towards SMF. I only wish to play a major role.
I know programming, but it'll take me time to go through the entire SMF code.
Therefore i cannot provide much support, although i attempt to try my best.
Thus, i WILL be getting charter membership soon.
(i will convince my parents about it)

Furthermore, id like to once again take the time to apologize to the team.
I wouldnt wanna be black listed by ya'll cuz i have NO bad feelings / intentions here.
I just wanna be part of "the club" ya know.
So sorry for the trouble, JayBachatero, Trekkie, Ben_S, etc.
I hope i havent offended you too much.
you guys have ALWAYS been there for me, and i in return nearly harrassed you so much.

Thank you again for letting me be here and not banning me, as without SMF life wouldnt be so soothing for me.

Thank you!

--Prasad007.

Prasad007

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Burpee

Comments? Sure :D

First thing that comes to mind: Don't let your life revolve around one thing. You need to have more than one activity to be a full person. The way you sketch it, your life is absolutely boring. Go make your life at least a little more fun, and you'll be more valuable to the world.

Second thing; if you want to be part of the team... Contribute! Put some effort into this site, look at things you would like to improve and suggest it. Listen to the thoughts and feelings other people have on your improvement and then try to work with that. Put energy into improvement, and not into criticism.

Third thing; do YOUR thing and let people know how you feel. Don't let others overrule you if you're certain you've got a right point, but don't overrule others even if you know deep down inside they've got a point too.

Good luck :)

Prasad007

Okay thanks for the friendly advice :)

Advertisement: