Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muppet

Hi This is what I have displayed when I add mod
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Register.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test successful
7. Extract File ./Sources/CustomProfile.php 
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/CustomProfile.english.php

Is there any problems here?

TrueSatan

@ Muppet

Your list of package manager reports doesn't contain any "Test Failed" items so it thus doesn't show any problems.

Your bug report really tells nothing useful so it's difficult to help you...we need to know exactly what you can't get to work or what has failed to happen so as to be able to pinpoint a problem and help you fix it.

This mod should add to your ACP>Features and Options a new button called "Custom Profile Fields"...has it? If it has then when you set up a new field what, exactly, fails to work?

This mod...like almost all mods...will only install into the SMF default theme...you have to install into other themes manually...however it works perfectly well with Tiny Portal.

Joao

hi there!

I've installed the mod with sucess but, because I'm using a theme that uses it's own Profile.template.php, PersonalMessage.template.php and Register.template.php, it's not showing me the fields. Could somebody tell me what changes I have to do? Thanks in advance!

TrueSatan

Quote from: Joao on June 07, 2007, 10:06:46 PM
hi there!

I've installed the mod with sucess but, because I'm using a theme that uses it's own Profile.template.php, PersonalMessage.template.php and Register.template.php, it's not showing me the fields. Could somebody tell me what changes I have to do? Thanks in advance!

Please read http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

Afterglow86

I finally got it working with all of the themes I'm using. Great mod :)

justonemike

I am so glad I found your post here ....  I was starting to go nuts !!!

THANKS ...  I switched the language to English and now it's there !  along with some other mods that I didn't know I was missing functionality on.

Awesome!

Roxius

Hello!

I've just reinstalled my forum, and the Custom Profile MOD many times.
And take a look:
http://en.rookforums.com/index.php?topic=1.msg3#new [nofollow]

QuoteRoxius
Administrator

Example: tyutyu

I'm using it in two forums, both use the same user database, but not the same settings table.
What is it?

Kindred

well, it you installed many time, that would explain the multiple displays....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

calicojackal

I manually installed this mod and it seems to be fien except when I go to my features and options panel I get a blank page.

I get this error on my smf logs.

8: Undefined index: alt4_name
File: /var/www/vhosts/mydamnfurrysite.com/httpdocs/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 342

Roxius

Quote from: Kindred on June 09, 2007, 07:26:02 AM
well, it you installed many time, that would explain the multiple displays....

No it's not.

Kindred

Quote from: Roxius on June 08, 2007, 07:57:58 PM

Looks to me like you did...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DeMar

I have installed this mod and nothing happens! No new features! Why?

[embed-flash(width,height)]

TrueSatan

Quote from: DeMar on June 11, 2007, 10:25:24 AM
I have installed this mod and nothing happens! No new features! Why?

1) Like almost all mods this one only installs into the SMF default theme...you may be using a different theme...you neglected to let us know such details.

2) The mod installs extra options into ACP>Features and Options> Perhaps you neglected to look in the right place.

Roxius

Quote from: Kindred on June 10, 2007, 09:08:14 PM
Quote from: Roxius on June 08, 2007, 07:57:58 PM

Looks to me like you did...

I have reinstalled after have seen it was bugged.

TrueSatan

@ Roxius

A huge number of SMF users also use this mod and have done so for a considerable time...given the lack of other reports of bugs in the mod as opposed to problems with individual forums that were due to factors outside of the mod you can assume that the mod is not "bugged" and that the problem is with your installation...and as Kindred keeps telling you you most certainly do appear to have installed then reinstalled many times and this appears to be at the root of the problems you are currently reporting...user error rather than a "bugged" mod.

Roxius

I told you it's not because I've installed many times. If it is, would be ate least 6 repeated fields there. I reinstalled after the error!

Kindred

if the field is appearing multiple times, it is because the code was added multiple times. 

reinstalling a mod is, in general, not a good idea, unless you know that you have removed all traces of the previous installation.
If you got errors on installation, and then went ahead and installed anyway.... and the re-installed (one or more times), then you are going to have problems, because SOME of the code will have been duplicated in each attempt to re-install.

I have this mod running on 3 systems. It never showed duplicate fields.
Since you are showing duplicate fields, this means that the code was duplicated during one or mor eof your re-installations.

So...   you either need to go in and remove the duplicate stuff by hand or upload a clean copy of SMF files (thus removing ALL mods) and install the mod correctly this time.
Слaва
Украинi

Roxius

Quote from: Kindred on June 11, 2007, 02:45:44 PM
if the field is appearing multiple times, it is because the code was added multiple times. 

reinstalling a mod is, in general, not a good idea, unless you know that you have removed all traces of the previous installation.
If you got errors on installation, and then went ahead and installed anyway.... and the re-installed (one or more times), then you are going to have problems, because SOME of the code will have been duplicated in each attempt to re-install.

I have this mod running on 3 systems. It never showed duplicate fields.
Since you are showing duplicate fields, this means that the code was duplicated during one or mor eof your re-installations.

So...   you either need to go in and remove the duplicate stuff by hand or upload a clean copy of SMF files (thus removing ALL mods) and install the mod correctly this time.

Have you seen it?

Quote from: MeI'm using it in two forums, both use the same user database, but not the same settings table.
What is it?

Kindred

Quote from: Roxius on June 11, 2007, 05:43:35 PM
Quote from: MeI'm using it in two forums, both use the same user database, but not the same settings table.
What is it?

yes?  And?  Are you using the same php files for both instances?

The multiple display of the fields should not have anything to do with your multi-forums...
(although, how did you accomplish the multi-forums?)
Слaва
Украинi

Roxius

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16190

I shared those tables there im_recipients, instant_messages, membergroups, members and the theme tables too, as Unknown recommended.

I still thinking it's a database "error".
The mod writes the profile fields in the database, so I think it could be that.

Advertisement: