Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig1969

Thanks for the help, I found it and its working great.

dtommy79

Hi,

I installed the mod and when I try to enter the "Features and Options" I get this error:

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyprofilesettings() (previously declared in C:\xampp\htdocs\smf\forum\Sources\ModSettings.php:321) in C:\xampp\htdocs\smf\forum\Sources\ModSettings.php on line 331

Any help is appreciated

Kindred

you have apparently installed the mod twice.

You can remove the duplicate function in modsettings.php, but you will probably have additional duplicate code scattered throughout.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dtommy79

Quote from: Kindred on October 11, 2007, 01:15:58 PM
you have apparently installed the mod twice.

You can remove the duplicate function in modsettings.php, but you will probably have additional duplicate code scattered throughout.

Yes you were right. In ModSettings.php there were 2 extra from this:

function ModifyProfileSettings()
{
global $sourcedir;
require_once($sourcedir . '/CustomProfile.php');
CustomFieldSettings();
}

But I installed the mod as I always do. I don't know why it happened.

Dominic2066

Hi,

This is not about an error message, but it does appear to be an error of some kind.  I have installed your mod in version 1.1.4.  The installation went fine, but I cannot find the mod in "Features and Options". It isn't there! I did a search for this one and found nothing.

The only thing I did 'differently' was to add the package to my server using SmartFTP. But as I say, it then installed perfectly. No error messages. Nothing!

Can you help?

Thanks,

Dom

Kindred

1- are you running the default theme?
2- are you running in English (NOT English UTF-8)?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dominic2066

Hi,

I changed the language to "English" and that fixed it.

Thanks,

Dominic

champwarez

i have same problem.
Do you have TR package for this mod? Or any idea to manage it English in Turkish board?

TrueSatan

If you mean will it work with Tiny Portal (TR??) yes it will...no different package is needed. By default it uses English as its language...to use in a Turkish board you would need to translate the mod...specifically CustomProfile.english.php

champwarez

I mean Turkish.  Thanks, I will try to modify CustomProfile.english.php

TrueSatan

Leave the existing file (unedited) in place when you're done and add a new CustomProfile.turkish.php containing your translation.

champwarez

Thanks TrueSatan. I've done successfully. But I have one more question. How can I list specific field which I created in all members list as a column?

TrueSatan

I'm scratching my head trying to work out exactly what you're asking...you've, presumably, gone to ACP>Features and Options>Custom Profile Fields all the controls for the mod are there and all available options are accessed via that page. You can go to the settings of each field you have created via that page and set how and where it shows.

champwarez

No no no :) Sorry. My fault.
I'll try to explain another with words. If I couldn't express what i mean again I will show on screenshot.  :)
I want to add "custom profile field" column to VIEW ALL MEMBERS in MEMBERS section. Like ID, Username, Display name...

?

Kindred

he wants to list the custom field data in the memberlist.

this is MUCH more complicated than just adding a field....   you're dealing with screen widths, tables and columns...
Слaва
Украинi

Smasher

Just installed this on a test board I am working on. Board was a clean install with TinyPortal. There were no errors on install and the mod works great.

I would like to point out though that it does get tedious if you have a large amount of custom fields and need to move one from the bottom to the top.

One thing I am looking at (I hope this is not what Champwarez was just asking about)... I have all of my custom fields so that only the admin can see and change them... and I am looking to "link" a member to another member. For example Joe1 signs up and I want to link him to Fred22... kind of a mentor thing... so I want to create a dropdown box in a custom field so I can just choose a current member...

Am I confusing on that?
Site in Development