News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesk

I really think it's from another mod...
Perhaps the one discussed here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=205533.0

That being besides the point, the $memberID variable is declared further down in the Register2() function which might explain your undefined index error...

myaicons

Quote from: jamesk on February 10, 2008, 06:25:14 PM
That being besides the point, the $memberID variable is declared further down in the Register2() function which might explain your undefined index error...

im sorry... but im not much of a coder... do you mind elaborating how can i resolve this ?
i scratch your back you scratch my back...
funny thing about my back is its located on my...

jamesk

You should ask the original Mod developer for assistance as he would know what the idea/process is for that function and I as an outsider, just quickly glancing at the code, could be way off-base here but what I see is that the function (as you say) is around line 172 and passes the variable $memberID as a parameter:

makeCustomFieldsChanges($memberID);

But, looking at my original Register.php file, I see that $memberID is declared around line 303:

$memberID = registerMember($regOptions);

which means that $memberID has no value before that UNLESS it was declared elsewhere (in another file), which could be the case, but I'm not sure by just quickly scanning the code...

But, obviously, in your case it's not defined and that's why you're getting the undefined index error. 

jmayne

I'm using a "text box" custom field.  I'm using it so that members can enter information, "About Me."  Sort of like a profile or Bio.  Members are a bit pissed that they can't format the text.  I.e., they can't have multiple paragraphs.  When they type in their info, they can have more than one paragraph; it all runs together.

Any ideas on how to get the formatting to work in a text box?

perplexed

yes, if you go into the settings for the field in question, you need to check the box called 'Parse BBC', and then they can use BBCode like they do in posts to format what they write.  They would then just enter/hit return for a blank line between paragraphs and could also use bold, italic, underline etc

smuggler

After installing this package correctly I do not see where it s supposed to be working . under the features etc there is no new stuff at all.. anyone else had this problem ?

TrueSatan

Is your forum language set to English utf8?

Please go to ACP>Server Settings and change it to English if this is the case...if so the mod should then work properly.

smuggler

Thanks that seems to be working now I wil run a full test over the next few days..

thanks again ..

myaicons

Quote from: jamesk on February 10, 2008, 06:59:47 PM
You should ask the original Mod developer for assistance as he would know what the idea/process is for that function and I as an outsider, just quickly glancing at the code, could be way off-base here but what I see is that the function (as you say) is around line 172 and passes the variable $memberID as a parameter:

makeCustomFieldsChanges($memberID);

But, looking at my original Register.php file, I see that $memberID is declared around line 303:

$memberID = registerMember($regOptions);

which means that $memberID has no value before that UNLESS it was declared elsewhere (in another file), which could be the case, but I'm not sure by just quickly scanning the code...

But, obviously, in your case it's not defined and that's why you're getting the undefined index error. 

sorry... now im completely lost :(
i scratch your back you scratch my back...
funny thing about my back is its located on my...

jamesk

In plain English, it means there's no value for $memberID (yet), and I think it's because $memberID doesn't exist until further down in the code, but like I said, I could be wrong and it's best to ask the mod developer...

An example:

echo "My name is " . $name;
$name ="james";

would spit out "My name is" and give you an undefined variable error because $name has no value when it's used in the echo statement...

MrQBerrt

I don't see where to add fields.

In the "Admin" sidebar, under "configuration" I hit "Features and Options" and that gets me 3 more options: "Basic Features", "Layout and Options", and "Karma". Is there supposed to be a fourth button for this mod?  Am I looking in the right place?  I checked my server settings and I am using English-utf8 and there were no error messages on install.  I'm using SMF 1.1.4 and customprofile 3.17 the only other mod I have installed is     SMF Gallery Lite

Jade Elizabeth

Did you install it onto your theme (if you are using a custom theme you may need to do that to see it)? You are looking in the right place :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Kindred

As Alundra says,

Mods only install on the default theme and in English.
If you are running an alternate theme, You MAY have to manually install the mod. (only if your theme has modified versions of the specific *.template.php files)

If you are running in anything except English (and english utf-8 is different from english) you will have to add the text strings to your modifications.yourlanguage.php file.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MrQBerrt

Quote from: Kindred on February 14, 2008, 08:14:34 PM
If you are running in anything except English (and english utf-8 is different from english) you will have to add the text strings to your modifications.yourlanguage.php file.

I changed from English-utf8 to English and that did it.  Thanks everyone.

Kender

I have set up a checkbox, when selected the profile does show the output, but when not checked the display is nothing at all, i do have information in the "text to display when not checked" input, but when not checked there is nothing displayed.

This is a fresh board and admin is the only user (i am setting this up before moving it to live, with the options i want working)
http://chucknorris2012.com  Avoid a roundhouse kick to the head!  Sign the petition

ReneNF

Hi to all

When I will install the package, I´ll become this report each time:
Quote1. Execute Modification modification.xml Modification parse error
2. Execute Modification - Modification parse error
3. Extract File ./Sources/CustomProfile.php 
4. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/CustomProfile.english.php
I use SMF1.1.4German language package (I´ve tried in english & german)I use diffrent themes (I´ve tried in each theme to install)UTF8 isn´t installed I don´t know why I´ll get this report each time. When I say install, then the system report "package suchesfully installed" ... but I don´t see the modify board under "Features and Options"

Kender

Quote from: Kender on February 15, 2008, 02:54:32 PM
I have set up a checkbox, when selected the profile does show the output, but when not checked the display is nothing at all, i do have information in the "text to display when not checked" input, but when not checked there is nothing displayed.

This is a fresh board and admin is the only user (i am setting this up before moving it to live, with the options i want working)
Found the error with this code..   Line 264
you are checking for empty fields, yet when you submit data for CHECK type boxes, if its unchecked the field is empty by default, BUT you have an option to display a result if left unchecked....

I deleted the check for !empty, but would prefer a proper fix to this, allowing for empty fields in non check type fields to not display
http://chucknorris2012.com  Avoid a roundhouse kick to the head!  Sign the petition

ReneNF

Quote from: brianjw on February 18, 2008, 02:36:26 PM
EDIT: Seems to be problem with /temp/ directory in /Packages/

Yes that´s was it. I´ve found it a few hours ago. Thanks for reply ;)

JoannaGlass

I have installed the mod and can see where I should be able to access it in my admin panel, but when I select the Custom Profile Fields tab, it goes back to the Basic Features settings.
What is causing this and how do I fix it?

JoannaGlass

I had to put back my original modsettings.php to get my board functioning again. When I tried to change it manually I would get a stream of errors.
Is there someone who can help me with this particular file?

Advertisement: